x:Post with St.Kitts Board - Best Beach for 5 year Old?

PattyW

After almost 100 views and no replies on the St. Kitts board, thought I would post here to see if anyone could help:

So I thought we were going to do the train in St. Kitts, but long story short, we are now making St. Kitts a beach day.

We are a family of 5 with kids age 12, 10 and 5. It's the five year old I'm most worried about. I'm looking for a calm, sandy beach with a shallow entry so he can walk more than 6 inches into the water before being up to his waist :-)

We're pretty low maintenance - we generally don't even eat food at the beach and might rent a chair or two, but that's about it.

I've read about most of the beaches, but none talk about how deep the water is and I can't get a good handle on which ones are rocky and which ones are sandy. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Most of the Caribbean beaches are calm, so you really don't need to worry....it will be gradual and calm enough, unless there's a storm nearby...which means you'll probably skip that port! You will want to be right beside your 5 year old at ALL times, no matter how deep or shallow the water is.