Can you enter El Morro now from Paseo del Morro?

Turtles06

About a year or so ago, I believe work was being done in OSJ to connect up an entrance to El Morro with Paseo del Morro, the path below it outside the walls. This would mean, for example, that people walking outside the walls from a ship docked in OSJ would not have to go through a gate in the wall [Puerta de San Juan] into the old city and walk up to El Morro from there, but could continue walking much further outside the wall and then enter El Morro.

Does anyone know whether that work has been completed? It would be great to be able to walk well below El Morro and then enter without having to double back to a gate.

Thanks for any info!

Based on table mates report at dinner on the Vista in January, not yet. All web sites say coming soon. But depending on who's budget the work is coming out of and given the island's bankruptcy and possible change in status to statehood, it could be awhile.

I was there last week and was able to walk the path all the way and enter El Morro at the end of the path, if you look on Google maps the end of the path now connects up a ramp into the fort. You then get looped through the fort to the main entrance.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Forums mobile app

I was there last week and was able to walk the path all the way and enter El Morro at the end of the path, if you look on Google maps the end of the path now connects up a ramp into the fort. You then get looped through the fort to the main entrance.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Forums mobile app

Thanks so much, just the info I was looking for!