Venice Cruise Port to Marco Polo

Pacificana

This is not a question, but the information I would like to share. Before my Mediterranean cruise which ended in Venice I read a lot scary reviews here saying that three hours are not nearly enough to get from the cruise port to Marco Polo. They made me worried because our cruise was scheduled to arrive at 9am, and we had a flight at 12:25. In reality, everything went very well and we had time left at the airport. We asked Costa for early disembarkation, and were given 9:15 time, which turned out to be 9:20, but went very fast after that. We got our bags without any problems, and out taxi driver (from Ombritransfer, which I highly recommend) was waiting for us at the terminal exit. We were at the airport about 20 minutes later, even before the check in started at 10:25. The security line was long, but was moving fast, so we had to wait for the beginning of the boarding at the gate. I understand not everything goes so fast and smooth every time, but just wanted to let people who have early flights know that it is quite feasible. Happy cruising!