Pre cruise stay hotel NOLA

Bartender840510

looking for decent hotel with things close by to do for a 1 night stay pre cruise on FEB 28th. What would you suggest? How much can we expect to pay for taxi from MSY airport to downtown area/cruise port? If we stay downtown the night before how much is the taxi from downtown hotel to cruise port? Do any of the hotels offer a shuttle service? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. It will just be my Mom and I and neither of us have been to NOLA. Shopping and restaurants usually keep us entertained and concerned about being in a safe and clean place. TIA

The Port of New Orleans is very close to hotels in the Downtown/Convention Center area of New Orleans and reasonably close to most hotels in the French Quarter too.

We recently stayed at the SpringHill Suites Downtown and enjoyed our stay there. We liked it because it was quieter than the French Quarter and it was only a 20 minute walk to the heart of the FQ, Jackson Square. We paid $125 for a suite with 2 queen beds (hot breakfast included). They do not have a shuttle to the airport or the cruiseport, but if you did not want to walk to the cruiseport (12 - 15 minutes), you could easily take a taxi. The taxi fare from the airport to Downtown is set at $33 for 2 people (with an additional charge for extra baggage.)

looking for decent hotel with things close by to do for a 1 night stay pre cruise on FEB 28th. What would you suggest? How much can we expect to pay for taxi from MSY airport to downtown area/cruise port? If we stay downtown the night before how much is the taxi from downtown hotel to cruise port? Do any of the hotels offer a shuttle service? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. It will just be my Mom and I and neither of us have been to NOLA. Shopping and restaurants usually keep us entertained and concerned about being in a safe and clean place. TIA

Sounds like we are on the same cruise. Another poster gave me great advice and suggested I go to Priceline and go after a 4 star hotel in the convention center area. Note you won't know the exact hotel until after you book. Try Googling Priceline coupons, I found a 10% off and got the Marriott Convention Center for $105 to include taxes and fees. We were told taxi fare would be $32 total for two of us from the airport to the hotel. I believe you can walk from the hotel to the pier, I won't know until we get there but it's about $7-8 for both to go from hotel to pier. I'm willing to pay that small amount to be dropped off at the door step vs. dragging multiple suitcases from the hotel to the pier. Let me know how this works out for you, good luck!! :cool:

Sounds like we are on the same cruise. Another poster gave me great advice and suggested I go to Priceline and go after a 4 star hotel in the convention center area. Note you won't know the exact hotel until after you book. Try Googling Priceline coupons, I found a 10% off and got the Marriott Convention Center for $105 to include taxes and fees. We were told taxi fare would be $32 total for two of us from the airport to the hotel. I believe you can walk from the hotel to the pier, I won't know until we get there but it's about $7-8 for both to go from hotel to pier. I'm willing to pay that small amount to be dropped off at the door step vs. dragging multiple suitcases from the hotel to the pier. Let me know how this works out for you, good luck!! :cool:

I took your advice and for a 4 star in convention center area at The Renaissance New Orleans Arts Hotel for $131 including taxes and fees. Thank u

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I took your advice and for a 4 star in convention center area at The Renaissance New Orleans Arts Hotel for $131 including taxes and fees. Thank u

Happy to hear it worked out for you, enjoy the cruise! :D

• 2 weeks later...

The Renaissance Arts is in a great location, and the staff is top notch. You mentioned shopping as one of your interests so I would suggest the Riverwalk outlet mall about 6 blocks away. From the Riverwalk you can also see the cruiseport up close and personal. You could also head for Canal Place for fancy shopping and they also have a great eat/drink in movie theater.

Enjoy New Orleans...Its a great city