Heathrow to London Hotel

Solara

We need to book a transfer from Heathrow to a London Hotel. I've been looking at 3 companies & need some feedback.

The choices I have are 365 Airport Transfers, 247 Airport Transfers or Just Airports. Wondering if anyone has used these from the airport.

Also how much time should you add on to your flight arrival time to make sure you clear customs & immigration?

Thanks! Any other tips or suggestions are appreciated.

Can't comment on transfer companies, as we always use the underground to get into central London - efficient and reasonably priced.

As far as Immigration goes, it is hard to predict - depends on terminal and time of day. The queues for non-EU passport holders can be ridiculously long. We have flown into terminals 3,4 and 5 at Heathrow multiple times in recent years. Early arrival (about 6am) is usually quick to get through, but middle of the day is a different story. Last month it took us an hour to get through terminal 5 immigration in the early afternoon. We have had that before. For us terminals 3 and 4 have always been quicker - like about 15-20 minutes.

Customs has always been a non event - often not even anyone there, particularly early in the morning.

We need to book a transfer from Heathrow to a London Hotel. I've been looking at 3 companies & need some feedback.

The choices I have are 365 Airport Transfers, 247 Airport Transfers or Just Airports. Wondering if anyone has used these from the airport.

Also how much time should you add on to your flight arrival time to make sure you clear customs & immigration?

Thanks! Any other tips or suggestions are appreciated.

These companies are all just about the same. We use http://WWW.totallydriven.co.uk

and have been very satisfied for years. and have just used them again.(we are currently I London).

We ad a free 1/2 hour. They are always waiting when we arrive. Coming in this time to terminal 5, fast track, it took us about 10 minutes to go through passport control and our luggage was on the carousel when we arrived to pick it up.

Edited by orchestrapal

Used airport 24/7 in August. We requested a wait time of 1 1/2 hrs from previous problems at Heathrow. They were actually a little early and very professional. We paid cash when they dropped us at the hotel.

Roseanna

• 1 month later...
Used airport 24/7 in August. We requested a wait time of 1 1/2 hrs from previous problems at Heathrow. They were actually a little early and very professional. We paid cash when they dropped us at the hotel.

Roseanna

I ve used them for a transfer from Gatwick and when I arrived there was no driver to pick us up and when I rang the company they told me the driver is on the way, after 30 min I rang the driver on the number provided and he didn't answer the phone; I ended up by using Gatwick Express and for the return I used http://www.london-transfers.co.uk they were on time and decent car.