Jewish sites

This is where you can do your own research using a search engine. Its not complicated. I googled The Jewish Museum and lo and behold there was a link to their website!! You might want to try doing this for all the sites you are interested in, I also just googled "Jewish Sites Berlin" and it came up with a list of several things to see, then just google the ones you want specific information on.

I hope this helps you.

Opening Hours

Monday from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.

Tuesday-Sunday from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.

Admittance will be granted until 7 p.m. Tuesday-Sunday, 9 p.m. on Monday.

Please plan sufficient time for the security checks at the museum entrance.

The Café Schmus and the Museum Restaurant are being renovated and are not accessible to visitors. During this time, visitors are welcome to enjoy a limited selection of meals at the Snackpoint in the Glass Courtyard.

The glass courtyard is closed due to special events on the following days: 30 June, 12 July, 9 August, and 21 August 2012.

We are going to the Baltic and stopping in Berlin on a Saturday. Would the Jewish sites be open. For example the holocaust museum and the synagogue.

The Holocaust Memorial

itself is or course always 'open' but the excellent underground information centre is only closed on Saturdays so that's a possibility for you. All the best, Tony

We were in Berlin on a Saturday two years ago. SPB who do tours in Berlin as well as St. Petersburg put together a Jewish themed tour for us. We went to the Jewish Museum, the memorial and pre war neighborhoods where the names of former residents are inscribed in small plaques on sidewalks in front of their former apartments.

We stopped at the old synagogue for pictures. Apparently all that's left is the facade as the rest was damaged in the war.

The Jewish Museum is beautifully designed and worth a visit but in my opinion geared towards the average German who knows little if anything about Jews or the Holocaust. (Not that there is anything wrong with that - just don't expect material similar to Jewish museums in Israel or New York).

We also visited or saw the main Berlin sites such as the wall.

913005573_LDngY-L.jpg

913012136_9U5Qt-L.jpg

913018915_M85v7-L.jpg

Archived