New Smug Mug revealed today

So wondering how many of my fellow cruisers/photographer enthusiast use Smug Mug (as I have for years) and have tried the "new" Smug Mug?

It looks pretty interesting and looks like a more user friendly site now. I LOVE Smug Mug, but have struggled because I download things few and far in between and I have a problem remembering how to arrange things and set things the way that I want, so this should be better.

Just wondering your thoughts if any of you have tried it yet. :)

So wondering how many of my fellow cruisers/photographer enthusiast use Smug Mug (as I have for years) and have tried the "new" Smug Mug?

It looks pretty interesting and looks like a more user friendly site now. I LOVE Smug Mug, but have struggled because I download things few and far in between and I have a problem remembering how to arrange things and set things the way that I want, so this should be better.

I really like the changes and look forward to presenting a much better looking site. I think they did a great job.

Yikes!! I sure don't want my locked galleries showing!! :eek:

I am liking the changes so far. You have to spend some time on it and get your eyes used to it. I chose the "Smokey" template: http://www.dodgerdigital.com

Oh just great. Although I only have a few locked galleries, they are nothing really big and just photos I wanted to "save" for myself and nothing interesting to others.

It says it was first discovered by Jimmy Beltz over at Photo Tips. Hit the link for more details on how to lock it down until SmugMug implements a fix for the problem. But when you hit the link you get: Sorry, the page you were looking for in this blog does not exist. :(

I really like the changes and look forward to presenting a much better looking site. I think they did a great job.

I look forward to a better looking site too. Although I mainly use it for sharing my pictures with others or grabbing a link of a picture to post on here, I have occasionally used it for someone else to look at and the new layouts will look fabulous.

I am liking the changes so far. You have to spend some time on it and get your eyes used to it. I chose the "Smokey" template: www.dodgerdigital.com

Love that template. Everything just looks so much more professional. It will be interesting to see how the different folders work this time around.

I use SmugMug but have not had an opportunity to really look at the changes. Hopefully this weekend I'll be able to spend some time playing around on the site.

I am liking the changes so far. You have to spend some time on it and get your eyes used to it. I chose the "Smokey" template: www.dodgerdigital.com

Yours looks nice. I think I am going to go with the Willow, but will not publish it for a while. I noticed the flaw right away last night when some photos from my locked galleries showed up on the homepage. I'm not concerned.

Didn't know there was an upgrade in the works. Guess I'll have to check it out.

It's not actually an "upgrade". They completely scrapped the entire program they were using for smug mug and started fresh rebuilding it from the beginning. It's been in the works for 2 years now.

They talked about it being so "fast" but I know that when I hit the button to convert and it said my pictures were "crossing over"...I waited for hours and it hadn't stopped and I finally went to bed. When I got up in the morning, I had an email that it had been finished. :eek: I didn't think I had that many pictures. :p

Ok, I have to admit, I'm getting a little aggrevated with the new Smug Mug at the moment.

The other night I hit the button to convert...like I posted earlier, it pretty much took all night (that I know of) to get the pictures over.

Now during their "conference" they said that your original smug mug would remain the same while you picked out your new theme and designed it and so on and wouldn't go live until you told it to. However, I'm pretty sure they said you had the option to toggle back and forth. Well I couldn't (and still can't) figure out how to toggle back to the old, so it pretty much forced me to pick a layout in order to grab a picture from it to share. So I just picked the first one and went with it so that I was able to get into my folders and get a picture to post here on the forum. So ok, fine...at least I figured that part out.

Now...for the last 2 days I have been trying up upload a video I put together and it simply will not upload. It goes on forever (mind you they said it would be "faster") and twice now it gets to the end and won't upload and creates an error. I never had this problem before.

I'm now wishing I wouldn't have "tried" it out until I had all my videos uploaded that I'm trying to use in a post. :(

Anyone know how to "convert" back just to see if it will at least help me upload them?

In the upper right corner of mine it gives me the option to go the the legacy smugmug, which is the old page. I've gone back many times.

My head is spinning from all the options and ways to tweak things, so I am going to take my time to get it just how I want it. Probably will be a week or two before I publish it.

In the upper right corner of mine it gives me the option to go the the legacy smugmug, which is the old page. I've gone back many times.

My head is spinning from all the options and ways to tweak things, so I am going to take my time to get it just how I want it. Probably will be a week or two before I publish it.

Thanks for the info. I found it now. I was trying everything and I think the page I was initially one didn't give me that option until after I picked how I wanted it to look (and like I said, I just picked the very first one just to get it over with and get to the pictures).

I will have to play around with it later and see if I continue to like it and if it's an improvement or not. I pay yearly, so I'm not sure when my yearly $$ are due. Hopefully I have enough time to figure it out.

"Sorry, some of your photos fell behind. Would you like to try the upload again?"

UGH...this has been going on since around noon (it's now 6pm). This is getting very frustrating at this point. So much for being faster. :mad:

It took me 2 days of trying to upload the last video. :eek:

"Sorry, some of your photos fell behind. Would you like to try the upload again?"

UGH...this has been going on since around noon (it's now 6pm). This is getting very frustrating at this point. So much for being faster. :mad:

It took me 2 days of trying to upload the last video. :eek:

I wonder if the trouble with the photos uploading could be caused by so many people doing the same thing as you. I have not uploaded any new photos, but I have been constantly going between the new designs and my photos upload into them almost instantly.

I don't like shooting video so I have no experience with that.

Archived