Gift Card Questions

beckymomof2

I think there are two options

1) http://www.carnivalgiftcards.com

or

2) cruise cash

From my understanding the cruise cash gets applied to your on board account and if for some reason you didn't make the cruise, it's not refundable as it goes specifically to that booking. So has anyone used the gift card website? I think it makes more sense because if you didn't go on the cruise, you could use it later.

I just want to make sure I understand it correctly before I start purchasing.

Thanks

I used the gift card site to get egift cards. Printed them and took on the ship with me. Entered them into the kiosk to credit my sign & sail account. Amount not used was mailed to me in the form of a plastic gift card a week after sailing. Very easy to use. I actually got a "bonus" when I bought them ($50 extra card with purchase) on the carnivalgiftcards site.

Gift cards are the way to go in my opinion (either e-cards, or the actual cards). The one thing that I do is copy the card number(s) and PIN number(s) to the notepad on my phone.

May sound silly, but the last time "someone" forgot their actual card, we were able to enter the number and PIN in the kiosk from the notes I made on my phone.

I used the gift card site to get egift cards. Printed them and took on the ship with me. Entered them into the kiosk to credit my sign & sail account. Amount not used was mailed to me in the form of a plastic gift card a week after sailing. Very easy to use. I actually got a "bonus" when I bought them ($50 extra card with purchase) on the carnivalgiftcards site.

A $50 bonus... wow... how much did you have to buy to get that? Like $1000 in gift cards or something?

I think it was the black Friday sale last time. They did it around Father's Day too last year. $50 extra card for $500 purchased card. If you have a Carnival Mastercard they were giving $100 instead of $50. Hope they do it again this year.

If you use Verizon, they have a Smart Rewards program that discounts the gift cards 10%. They sell out fast though and takes a few weeks to restock. There are a few threads on here about it.

Can you use them to pre tip?

Yes if you booked direct with Carnival yourself or through their PVPs. You just call your contact number on your booking confirmation email and tell them you wish to pre-pay the cabin's gratuities using a GC.

The gift cards may also be used to initiate a booking (over the phone or on the website), pay off a balance due (on the phone or online), and pre-purchase excursions tickets through the Carnival (online only).

I chose the E gift card and it was emailed to me in minutes. Went straight to Guest Services once on board the Magic and had it applied to my sail and sign account. They also have kiosks you can use to apply it as well. Used towards excursions, on board purchases, tips, etc.

Yes if you booked direct with Carnival yourself or through their PVPs. You just call your contact number on your booking confirmation email and tell them you wish to pre-pay the cabin's gratuities using a GC.

The gift cards may also be used to initiate a booking (over the phone or on the website), pay off a balance due (on the phone or online), and pre-purchase excursions tickets through the Carnival (online only).

Thanks. I have a $50 gift card from Christmas I can use for my 4-day. That way I'll have more money at Halloween. .

Thanks