Walking to Erato terminal

rtaurus

Will be staying at a nearby hotel (off Julia St.) before our cruise next fall and wondering if walking to the Erato terminal is possible (without crossing roped off areas or walking in street against traffic). I've searched and read posts and they seem to be conflicting due to past construction of Riverwalk and the terminals so I really haven't found a clear answer. Anyone walk to Erato St. terminal recently? can you provide details?

Walk down Julia Street towards the river. Take the escalator or the elevator up to the Riverwalk. Stay to your right and cross the mall. You will see double doors that lead to a covered walkway. At the end of the walkway there are stairs that lead to the terminal.

It is about a three-block walk altogether, and not bad as long as you are not carrying a ton of luggage.

Walk down Julia Street towards the river. Take the escalator or the elevator up to the Riverwalk. Stay to your right and cross the mall. You will see double doors that lead to a covered walkway. At the end of the walkway there are stairs that lead to the terminal.

It is about a three-block walk altogether, and not bad as long as you are not carrying a ton of luggage.

Awesome! Thanks for your help!

I'm 70 years old and I would do this walk in a heartbeat with 2 suitcases and I would probably beat the taxi that gets tied up in traffic at the port when both cruise ships are in port the same day.

It probably isn't as far a walk as from the bow of the ship to the stern.

Now, if it's raining, maybe I would choose the cab.

I'm 70 years old and I would do this walk in a heartbeat with 2 suitcases and I would probably beat the taxi that gets tied up in traffic at the port when both cruise ships are in port the same day.

It probably isn't as far a walk as from the bow of the ship to the stern.

Now, if it's raining, maybe I would choose the cab.

I'm not sure what taxi you're taking, but mine always go through the back way that is for commercial vehicles only. Pull up at the head of the traffic back ups your talking about and hotel to baggage delivery is about 3-4 minutes!!!Walking in the vehicle only roads is asking for trouble. Not supposed to be there in the first place, roads are terrible if you lugging luggage with you and the cops are not friendly to pedestrians. The 7-8 bucks is worth every penny.

• 4 weeks later...