Has anyone booked directly with Dolphin Discovery?

Roberta Rader

I checked with Dolphindiscovery.com before I book our excursion in Cozumel for August just to make sure it was ok to book directly with them and not Carnival. I am really interested in their package that includes photos for $149 PP. Their response was "contact your cruise line directly. They have an allotment with our company especially for their passengers". I'm confused though because I have read reviews from past Carnival guests who said they did book directly. Has anyone booked with them directly and what was your experience?if that doesn't work out, then we'll book the Dolphin swim, buffet lunch at Chankanaab Park through Carnival for $129.99 PP. Can someone tell me how expensive the photos are if we get them on a CD?

I haven't booked with them directly , but I have booked with other places that are contracted with Carnival. The trick is to not let them know you are with the cruise line. Many people just list a local hotel as where they are staying if the vendor asks. Good luck!

Edited by Tannison

I checked with Dolphindiscovery.com before I book our excursion in Cozumel for August just to make sure it was ok to book directly with them and not Carnival. I am really interested in their package that includes photos for $149 PP. Their response was "contact your cruise line directly. They have an allotment with our company especially for their passengers". I'm confused though because I have read reviews from past Carnival guests who said they did book directly. Has anyone booked with them directly and what was your experience?if that doesn't work out, then we'll book the Dolphin swim, buffet lunch at Chankanaab Park through Carnival for $129.99 PP. Can someone tell me how expensive the photos are if we get them on a CD?

Book directly and tell them that you are staying at one of the hotels or resorts on the island.

They are not supposed to allow Carnival passengers to book with them because they have a contract with Carnival. Most people you see that have cruised with Carnival and done the booking will tell them they are staying there and name a hotel OR give them the name of one of the ships that will be in port with you that day. :)

• 1 year later...
Question; has anyone tried to take a camera into the dolphin pool with you?

I have a water proof phone case and was wondering if I'll be able to take that with me

They do not allow this anymore. They use to let you take your own camera, but stopped allowing this to happen several years ago. I guess they weren't making any money off their extremely over-inflated priced pictures they take of you. :(