NCL Breakaway Haven - several ?'s

Ronbos04

My cruise date is in a long time from now 9/25/16 - going with friends and we got a great deal. We are all staying in the Haven.

Sorry for all the questions - Please don't feel you have to answer all of them.

When we dock in Bermuda, is beach right there or do you have to pay for one of the excursions to take you there?

Are there any free beaches?

What excursions are recommended or what other free things are recommended?

Is there a sauna in the private pool area? They say there is direct access to the spa. Trying to figure out the purpose of that - does it mean we use the amenities or do we have to pay for the spa pass to use the thermal pools, etc. Do you recommend this over the sauna in the private pool area - assuming there is one?

If a spa pass needs to be purchased for thermal pool area, would you purchase before boarding (thinking there are only a certain amount given out) or do you think they would have a drop in price a few days into the cruise.

The ultimate beverage package says one drink per person per transaction, therefore, am I correct to assume that I have to finish the drink in order to order a second one at dinner and if I am somewhere on the ship and I order a drink can I go to another location and order another one before I actually finish it?

They say you need tickets for shows - does this mean you have to pay extra for them?

Our deal includes the ultimate bev. package and free specialty dining - can you bring your own soda and water onto the boat?

thank you for your help it is appreciated.

My cruise date is in a long time from now 9/25/16 - going with friends and we got a great deal. We are all staying in the Haven.

When we dock in Bermuda, is beach right there or do you have to pay for one of the excursions to take you there?

Is there a sauna in the private pool area? They say there is direct access to the spa. Trying to figure out the purpose of that - does it mean we use the amenities or do we have to pay for the spa pass to use the thermal pools, etc. Do you recommend this over the sauna in the private pool area - assuming there is one?

If a spa pass needs to be purchased for thermal pool area, would you purchase before boarding (thinking there are only a certain amount given out) or do you think they would have a drop in price a few days into the cruise.

The ultimate beverage package says one drink per person per transaction, therefore, am I correct to assume that I have to finish the drink in order to order a second one at dinner and if I am somewhere on the ship and I order a drink can I go to another location and order another one before I actually finish it?

They say you need tickets for shows - does this mean you have to pay extra for them?

Our deal includes the ultimate bev. package and free specialty dining - can you bring your own soda and water onto the boat?

Maybe best to go to the CC Ports of Call section to get good detailed advice on Bermuda. Sail Bad the Sinner used to have a comprehensive list.

As far as suana/spa in Haven, see (and a link in the

thread)http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2215979

In Bermuda there is a place called snorkel park right at the dock yard but you have to pay to use it. You do not have to buy any excursions through the ship. Bermuda is very easy to do it yourself. Purchased a transportation pass and you are good to go anywhere on the island by ferry or bus.

There are many free beaches. Most popular being horseshoe.

Check out the ports of call board for more info.

The only shows you have to pay extra for is the dinner show and I think some second city thing if they still have that. When you book your show you give them your card and that's your ticket.

You can bring soda water juice.. Anything but liquor

You can buy a bus/ferry pass to take you to any of the beaches. There is not a beach right next to the dock, but they are a short ride away. The most popular is horseshoe bay. You don't need to pay for an excursion to take you there

Yes, many.

I think most excursions are over priced and a waste of money, so I am not the best person to answer this.

There is a sauna in the private pool area. You have access to the spa amenities (pool, thermal pools, loungers, etc.) free of charge. You still need to pay for massages, facials, etc.

Don't need to be purchased.

They are not strict about this. You can drink half of your drink, then order another in the same spot. Yes, you can also go to another area of the ship and order another one before you finish it.

Not for most shows. You only need to pay extra for a few, like cirque du soleil because it is a dinner show.

Water, yes. Slap a luggage tag on it and they will deliver it to your cabin for you. Soda, I am not sure. But you have the UBP, so you shouldn't need to bring soda onboard.

Water, yes. Slap a luggage tag on it and they will deliver it to your cabin for you. Soda, I am not sure. But you have the UBP, so you shouldn't need to bring soda onboard.

If the OP is in a spa suite, access to the spa is included, but not all suites. Yes, you can bring soda on board.

My follow up ? Regarding the UBP and bringing soda on board. Only the 1st 2 get this pass so I was thinking of bringing soda on board for my 2 children. Unless of course I can send them with my card to get a soda! They don't normally drink soda but on vacation we make exception! I guess if I can have some in the room they can take to private pool area as I don't think the soda pass for them is worth the $ given they really don't drink enough of it.

The ultimate beverage package says one drink per person per transaction...

That may be what the T&C for UBP says, but in our experience on Breakaway in April, bar servers NEVER took both our cards when we both ordered drinks. They would take one of our cards, charge both drinks on it, and bring us back one receipt to sign.

Given I was getting conflicting info about the Haven guests access to the spa, I called NCL directly. The only Haven guests that have access to the ship's spa are guests who book a spa type room. All other haven guests have to pay for a pass to the spa to use the thermal pools and sauna. In the private pool area for all haven guests there is a small sauna room - they did not confirm there is a heated thermal pool - however there is video put out by NCL of the haven and it does show it.