Princess insurance for those in NY

DMRick

Just found out that New Yorkers have another choice in insurance. I have good insurance with my credit card, but like the cancel for any reason, just in case. You can buy that part of the insurance for a part of the quoted price. I don't know if it goes by age, but we are in our 60's and 70's, and my quote was 44% of the full insurance. Just an FYI

A reminder is always helpful. Though that information has been in the Princess Vacation Protection brochures for as long as I can remember:

http://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/faq_answer_legal/Princess_Vacation_Protection.pdf (p. 10)

Notice to New York Residents Only:

The Princess Cancellation Fee Waiver Program may be purchased separately from the Princess Travel Insurance Program. Contact 1-888-722-2195 for details.

...which is apparently due to a requirement in New York State that even the CFAR coverage be from an underwriter and not just a "bonus" from Princess for purchasing the full Princess Vacation Protection.

Princess insurance isn't age dependent. You could be 90 and still get the same coverage for the same price.

I was Princess fairly regularly because private insurance is age dependent even for cancellation insurane.

I can't buy CFAR in Canada from most private carriers. I've tried Myinsure .com was always recommend to look at a Canada company.

Just found out that New Yorkers have another choice in insurance. I have good insurance with my credit card, but like the cancel for any reason, just in case. You can buy that part of the insurance for a part of the quoted price. I don't know if it goes by age, but we are in our 60's and 70's, and my quote was 44% of the full insurance. Just an FYI

Thanks for the information. I have used since a third-party insurance whose higher rates are based on age but have expanded coverage and higher limits.

A reminder is always helpful. Though that information has been in the Princess Vacation Protection brochures for as long as I can remember:

http://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/faq_answer_legal/Princess_Vacation_Protection.pdf (p. 10)

...which is apparently due to a requirement in New York State that even the CFAR coverage be from an underwriter and not just a "bonus" from Princess for purchasing the full Princess Vacation Protection.

But it's not often noticed unless your looking to buy the princess insurance and I didn't know it was a percent. I figured since it's something I personally haven't seen on here maybe others haven't either.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the information. I have used since a third-party insurance whose higher rates are based on age but have expanded coverage and higher limits.

Does the third party offer cancel for any reason for less than Princess? Can you share which one it is if they do.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums