Clocks in Staterooms

chester8

Err... watch?

Sorry, haven't worn one in decades. That's what my cell phone is for. I got my first cell phone in '89 and never looked back.

I view it as a big pocket watch ; -)

But of course with the phones turned off for the voyage they didn't update, and I am not sure that the daily change related directly to the satellite signal time, so even if we had turned them on it would have been manual changes. And carrying around a cell phone so you would have a pocket watch seems silly.

It would have just been nice if the TV channel that said it would show the time would have actually shown the time.

And the wake up call worked very well for us. Easy to set from the phone.

On QM2 there are clocks in each lift/stair lobby on every deck in all four main lift/stair towers. Here's one:

QM2 Deck 11 (1)

I use these clocks, on the way from my cabin first thing before going to the promenade for a stroll, to confirm that I've changed my wristwatch correctly (as I take three or four watches with me, it is easy to forget which I've remembered to change, and which I've not worn for a couple of days, and are therefore a long way off).

(Having the time displayed on the in-cabin TV is very useful, and I am surprised to read that it wasn't shown on your crossing sarafinadh. I hope that has been corrected now).

Happy sailings to all :)

Edited by pepperrn

thank you for the wonderful pictures pepperrn. we are going on our first transatlantic QM2. can't see and get enought advice.
My pleasure lactmom4sons, hope you find them useful as a reference before you board, and thank you for the compliment :o .

Please ask if you've questions, there are many friendly and very experienced people here who will be delighted to assist I'm sure. If you've any questions regarding things seen in the photos, please ask, I'll be pleased to help where I can.

Again, thank you, and have a wonderful time on board QM2, Bon Voyage :)

Edited by pepperrn