Clocks in Staterooms

chester8

Salacia.......there is a "wake up" button on the phone. Press that and it will prompt you to press your desired wake up time.

I don't take credit for knowing that.....I was going to tell you to just call the pursers desk. Luckily I asked first. :D:D

Salacia.......there is a "wake up" button on the phone. Press that and it will prompt you to press your desired wake up time.

I don't take credit for knowing that.....I was going to tell you to just call the pursers desk. Luckily I asked first. :D:D

Wow, thanks I didn't know that! I've been relying on room service to wake me up at 6am with my breakfast. Old Him takes control of the alarm clock and sets it for his Gym Time in the morning. Ha! Now I can beat him to it...<sinister chuckle>:D

I seem to remember there is a button on the phone - wake up time is set using the phone buttons - you do have to get out of bed to turn it off though (Brittania Club Stateroom) as the phone is on the desk.

Worked well for us.

Crikey, can't you just throw a shoe at it :D

But seriously, thanks, I understand.

BTW, just to mention for those who might not know: Britannia Club Staterooms have the same layout as other Britannia glass fronted balcony cabins. Same size, but different dining room and better linens.:)

I've been relying on room service to wake me up at 6am with my breakfast. QUOTE]

6AM.......that's impressive. :eek:

Naw, not really...I set my watch on West Coast time while on board. Three hours later than Eastern time. Works for me :D:)

Truth be told, I have no concept of time on board, other than boarding time, rest time, eat time and party time. And then there's the dreaded disembarkation time.

Edited by Salacia

Crikey, can't you just throw a shoe at it :D

But seriously, thanks, I understand.

BTW, just to mention for those who might not know: Britannia Club Staterooms have the same layout as other Britannia glass fronted balcony cabins. Same size, but different dining room and better linens.:)

My aim is not good at 4am (to be on deck for pea soup NYC arrival) ..

Mentioned the stateroom category as I'm not familiar with the phone location in any other :-)

The automated alarm call (accessed via the 'phone) is very reliable, I use it on the last morning every trip to make sure I'm ready for that very early breakfast (on other mornings my internal body-clock wakes me "on-time" with no trouble each day).

(I just wish they'd change the recording, the voice currently used is too harsh. Makes the voice on a car sat-nav ("You've missed the turning, go back. I said go back") seem positively warm, caring and friendly).

Happy sailings to all :)

You've got that right. West coast time....you'd be getting up at 3AM...and passing me in the hallway on my way in. :D

OMG! You're so right Brigitte! Do I need a vacation, or what? I need to stare at the sea for several days! What time is it now, what time is it now? - :eek: I need to go where the sea meets the sky and the sun tells the time:)

Cheers,

Salacia

My very favorite lyric............Where the ocean meets the sky, I'll be sailing. DaDaDaDa :)

Rod Steward, Sailing? I remember this video from the 70's. And the NY skyline as it was before the world went crazy

But I think there is a later version of the song with bagpipes? There's one guy in my neighborhood who occasionally plays it on his bagpipes, so many I'm confusing the two? Cheers, -S.

Edited by Salacia

Will we be told what time the QM2 will be approaching the Statue of Liberty et al? We've sailed out of New York, but never into and it would be nice to make the effort. (Just had an awful thought - early rising, early breakfast; makes disembarkation seem even earlier :( )

As everyone has pretty much pointed out, no they don't. Which I pretty much expected. What made it a problem for us was the cell phones were turned off and the time changed EVERY day, so we never knew what time it was. Occasionally we missed things we were interested in because of it. When we were out and about we just asked a fellow passenger for the time, but in the cabin the TV channel which was supposed to provide the ships time rarely had it posted. Mostly it was blank. I would up calling the front desk and asking, which was a waste of our time, and theirs.

As everyone has pretty much pointed out, no they don't. Which I pretty much expected. What made it a problem for us was the cell phones were turned off and the time changed EVERY day, so we never knew what time it was. Occasionally we missed things we were interested in because of it. When we were out and about we just asked a fellow passenger for the time, but in the cabin the TV channel which was supposed to provide the ships time rarely had it posted. Mostly it was blank. I would up calling the front desk and asking, which was a waste of our time, and theirs.

You could just adjust your watch in accordance with the information about time lost or gained as printed in the Daily Programme!