Waterproof bag

Bristol5

• 3 weeks later...

For most beach runs, we use a couple of the space bags we used to scrunch our clothes down (http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/Ziploc-reg-Space-Bag-reg-8-Piece-Travel-Bag-Set/1014509801?Keyword=Space+Bag). They work great on snorkel and dive boats.

You can get heavy duty dry bags from any dive shop, but they do cost more.

ken

Practically every waterproof bag, case, or wallet that is mentioned on these threads is readily available in the USA. However, finding them in Canada is a little bit harder. I even researched places like Sail, Nanuk, MEC, etc. Ordering them in from the USA costs more than the bag/case itself.

CANADIAN TIRE does sell Dry-Pak products but you have to specifically type in "DRY-PAK" for it to show on their website. If you type "waterproof" or "water proof" in the search bar (or any other particular brand name) you won't get the result you are looking for.

You can order it from canadiantire.ca if your local store doesn't have it in stock.

• 3 weeks later...

If the excursion brings you in via boat I would save yourself some money and take the ferry to VG on your own and then get a cab to the baths. You can just hold your beach bags up when you go through higher water (up to your waist). Then you are at the beach with all your things. We took our own snorkel gear and just went in from the beach. Probably an hour later all the excursion boats came up right in front of us and let people off. It's so easy to do it on your own. I think they also rent gear there for about $15.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

LeisurePro.com

Online SCUBA and snorkel retailer out of NY.

For anything water related, I always first try my local dive shop... when they can't fir the bill, it's always LeisurePro. Very good and consistent service over the years, and I have purchased several dry bags from them.

• 3 weeks later...
If the excursion brings you in via boat I would save yourself some money and take the ferry to VG on your own and then get a cab to the baths. You can just hold your beach bags up when you go through higher water (up to your waist). Then you are at the beach with all your things. We took our own snorkel gear and just went in from the beach. Probably an hour later all the excursion boats came up right in front of us and let people off. It's so easy to do it on your own. I think they also rent gear there for about $15.

That does sound like good advice, but I am such a planner, I am nervous about trying to take the ferry and taxi on my own. That is why we booked the snorkel excursion. Have you done the Ferry/Taxi route yourself?

Yes. We did it in November 2011. I remember I got the info off threads on Virgin Gorda Baths. Worked like a charm. You can find the ferry schedules prior to going. It's super easy...I'm a huge planner/low risk taker person and I would do it again in a heartbeat. We had TONS of time there too.

See the link below

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1362918

Edited by jimmyvinny

Yes. We did it in November 2011. I remember I got the info off threads on Virgin Gorda Baths. Worked like a charm. You can find the ferry schedules prior to going. It's super easy...I'm a huge planner/low risk taker person and I would do it again in a heartbeat. We had TONS of time there too.

See the link below

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1362918

Thank you, very much. I will look into the Ferry. I am happy to hear that it was easy for you to do. I have been a little concerned about snorkeling back to the boat after reading about the currents being strong. So with your advice, I think I need to rethink this excursion choice.

Some of the boats that pulled up while we were there were dingy type boats. Small ones because they came up close to shore. You won't regret doing it on your own. Just check the schedules. That day was one of our favorite in the Caribbean. Devils beach is gorgeous, too. Once you are done snorkeling the baths.

• 1 month later...