Post-Wedding Photos?

NL2134

We are having an embarkation wedding on cruise ship in June 2014, before leaving for 7-day western Caribbean cruise. We really want to get some wedding photos off the ship at one of the ports (Cozumel, Belize, Roatan). It will just be bride & groom and we plan to get dressed up again in our wedding attire.

Does anyone have any suggestions on where to get some good photos here? Beach photos would be nice, but we aren't sure which beach would be best for this. We also would like some non-beach photos, but not sure where to go. Any ideas???

We don't want to go too far from port either. We are hoping for something that we can get to easily, take photos, and be back to ship in a few hours. That way we can change and still have 1/2 day to sightsee a bit.

We aren't sure if we will look into hiring a professional photographer or just have a family member take the pictures. Some of that will depend on cost and if we can find good locations on our own.

Roatan is definitely the island for gorgeous beaches, that are easily accesible from the ship. (Belize would be the worst on a Western Itinerary, with no easily accesible beaches.)

Can't help if you are looking for a professional photographer on the island, but hopefully somebody else could chime in.

The West End beaches are beautiful, but might have too many onlookers with the ships in.

Frequently folks in here suggest out of the way, quieter beaches to see.

So hopefully somebody with land vacation time on the island, with experiences at multiple beaches can show you some pictures.

Here is a picture showing the various beach clubs on West Bay...

You could try googling each place, to see what their stretch of beach looks like. (I know at the bottom of the photo is a lava formation, called the Iguana Wall, where the local lizards sun all day)

inifintybay.jpg

Tabayana Beach at the bottom is where most ship's excursions have their beach breaks.

infinity.jpg

Infinity Bay

20281e30-9dc6-4bcf-a91f-7737802fc90e.jpg?rnd=0.1927258

http://www.infinitybay.com/modules/photo_gallery/category/West+Bay+Beach

Edited by bguppies

map.png

Here is a map showing Mahogany Bay (to the right of the airplane), where Carnival docks and the West End and West Bay beaches.(obviously, to the west end. ;) )

The island is not very big.

I'd also throw in a suggestion for hiring a driver for the day, who would be able to take you to the best photos spots on the island and be able to show you any sights you want to see on the island. (and make great suggestions like our driver did for us)

The taxis in Roatan are unregulated, so they can charge whatever they want to get you wherever.

There are many extremely popular and reliable companies on the island for a driver.

I have personally used Victor Bodden and can highly recommend them. (especially with the private tour)

Extremely reasonable price, to have a driver for the entire day. (even while at the beach, shopping etc..) Usually cheaper than a cab being dropped off each way. (especially if your group is big enough)

http://www.boddentours.com/bestofroatan.htm

I know Rony's is another popular driver...

Hope that gets you started.

But out of the western itineraries, i'd rate the beauty of the sights...

1) Roatan (by far)

2) Grand Cayman

3) Cozumel

4) Costa Maya

5) Belize (great for snorkeling and scuba, but not for any beaches close by. Takes 20+ minutes just to tender from ship to shore)

I second the private driver in Roatan. That way you could change after photos and keep the clothes in the van and not have to return to the ship.

I know on our second visit (a one week stay at Infinity Bay) there was a wedding. They may be able to help you locate a professional photographer. I am sure there are a few there.

Also there are a few locations I can think of right off the top of my head for photo ops. West Bay beach at the end (near the wall) would be great and Gumbalimba park has numerous locations with huge tropical plants in bloom that would make a beautiful backdrop. There is also a rope bridge that would be interesting there…..

• 3 weeks later...
We are having an embarkation wedding on cruise ship in June 2014, before leaving for 7-day western Caribbean cruise. We really want to get some wedding photos off the ship at one of the ports (Cozumel, Belize, Roatan). It will just be bride & groom and we plan to get dressed up again in our wedding attire.

Does anyone have any suggestions on where to get some good photos here? Beach photos would be nice, but we aren't sure which beach would be best for this. We also would like some non-beach photos, but not sure where to go. Any ideas???

We don't want to go too far from port either. We are hoping for something that we can get to easily, take photos, and be back to ship in a few hours. That way we can change and still have 1/2 day to sightsee a bit.

We aren't sure if we will look into hiring a professional photographer or just have a family member take the pictures. Some of that will depend on cost and if we can find good locations on our own.

I would also suggest the option of hiring a driver for the day. We have used Roatan Culture tours previously and I know I have read reviews where they have arranged a vow renewal for someone so I am sure they would be able to locate a photographer if you wanted. I think Club Natale or Parrot Tree Plantation would both offer some excellent photo opportunities in a quieter location. Go to Google images for photos of these locations.