Rci nursery ?

Ashland

Does anyone know the hours of the RCI Radiance Nursery...specifically when in Alaska?

We (our family of 5 adults and one child) want to do an early morning excursion (Bering Sea) when in Ketchikan that will not allow the under 5 age group (our grandchild is 17 mos.) and am worried the nursery won't be open that early..Would like to pre-book this privately and not through the ship...so there would be no way to cancel it once onboard...I know we could book it with the ship and cancel once onboard prior to 24-48 hours. We have done this before and prefer to be able to make our own way there (having the option of better seating) and not be restricted to travel with the ships herd.

Thanks so much for any info. :)

My worry would be you are on a private tour. Things happen. Ship is not necessarily going to wait for you to return and then you have the potential that you miss the ship and it sails with the child but without you (small I assume since hopefully someone on the ship realizes the kid isn't with you).

My worry would be you are on a private tour. Things happen. Ship is not necessarily going to wait for you to return and then you have the potential that you miss the ship and it sails with the child but without you (small I assume since hopefully someone on the ship realizes the kid isn't with you).

Not really applicable in our/this situation.

The Bering Sea Tour has two excursion times..We would do the first one at 8:00am that returns at 11:00am..You can book this independantly with them directly or through RCI...

Since there are going to be a combination of private and cruise booked passengers for this excursion I doubt the ship will leave without them with a departure time of 4:00pm.

I'm very well aware of the possible problems when booking a private tour..but thanks for your concern :)

Does anyone know the hours of the RCI Radiance Nursery...specifically when in Alaska?

We (our family of 5 adults and one child) want to do an early morning excursion (Bering Sea) when in Ketchikan that will not allow the under 5 age group (our grandchild is 17 mos.) and am worried the nursery won't be open that early..Would like to pre-book this privately and not through the ship...so there would be no way to cancel it once onboard...I know we could book it with the ship and cancel once onboard prior to 24-48 hours. We have done this before and prefer to be able to make our own way there (having the option of better seating) and not be restricted to travel with the ships herd.

Thanks so much for any info. :)

This is a good question. If I remember correctly, they open AO about 30 minutes before first excursion, but not sure if that is true for the nursery too. Hopefully someone will come along and let you know.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app