Cash for Bermuda

lolavix

I know that the bus/ferry passes are cash only.

Is there any place else in Bermuda which only accepts cash? I read that most places accept credit cards, but I am just trying to be sure that we are carrying enough.

Thanks.

Taxis are cash only. Craft market-type shops might not always accept credit cards. Stands at the beaches that rent chairs, sell food, etc. may be cash only. Do not expect Discover to be accepted that widely, and even American Express is probably a little less widely accepted than it is in the US.

When you pay in cash, make sure you get USD back. Some will give you Bermudian Dollar and here in Canada it is worth nothing...so either make sure you spend it on the Island...or use it as an excuse to book an other cruise to Bermuda :D

Have fun !

• 2 weeks later...

You will find that most places will accept and prefer cash and I can not even pin point a place that only takes credit cards. If you do choose to use a credit card, most places accept Visa and Master while Discover is a tough one.

Enjoy Bermuda.

You will find that most places will accept and prefer cash and I can not even pin point a place that only takes credit cards. If you do choose to use a credit card, most places accept Visa and Master while Discover is a tough one.

Yes! While I don't like carrying around a lot of cash and don't usually recommend it, you will definitely need it for the buses/taxis and the markets. Most stores and restaurants take credit cards, but I agree that you'll want to bring a Visa or MasterCard... the old Visa ads were right about many places not accepting American Express. :)