Allure of the Seas July 17---40s gay guy with Mom, Bros and their kids---Help!

DinnersWithMom

Hi all, first cruise, more the explore remote ruins kinds of guy, but love good company and hoping to meeting low-key gay folks for fun and conversation and escape from family----is this remotely possible? Would splurging for the ship internet service help meet someone?

Hi all, first cruise, more the explore remote ruins kinds of guy, but love good company and hoping to meeting low-key gay folks for fun and conversation and escape from family----is this remotely possible? Would splurging for the ship internet service help meet someone?

Allure is a beautiful ship, and I hope you will enjoy your cruise no matter what. Check at the guest services desk for a notice board where an LGBT meet notice may be posted (also sometimes still called "Friends of Dorothy"). If it's not at a good time, you can post your own suggested time/place. It's usually in the evening at one of the bars. More commonly, if you stop by the bars/lounges around or after the dinner hour, you will see a group of (usually) guys who have gotten together, and hopefully you can introduce yourself and join.

I recently saw a suggestion on another thread to post a notice on the notice board for an LGBT lunch in the main dining room on a sea day, as a way to get together and meet people.

I'm not sure if people use apps to meet up on board, but I suppose it's possible. Also, check your roll call and possibly LGBT roll call for your sailing. The latter often are not very active, but it's more likely with a larger ship like Allure. My husband and I met lots of people on Oasis and Allure, some through the roll call, but mostly just bumping into them in one of the bars. The Rising Tide bar is a hoot, and we always saw family there.

In the past RCI has only allow to post a GLBT get together on the bulletin board near guest relations; however, I've seen several posts now where the cruise director has listed them in the ship's newsletter so you might check that on a daily basis as well as the community bulletin board. I'm not sure if this is a corporate change of policy or based on the individual cruise director so YES it is possible to connect with other GLBT. Usually it's scheduled around 5PM in one of the lounges. Everyone is welcome. Have fun.

Edited by COMBOY

In my experience, apps involving location needs didn't work with Voom......so not sure a social media app on board would offer much... In our experience, we haven't had much luck with meeting other gays.....feels like no one wants to be bothered making new friends...but hopefully that's just our bad luck.....however, we have made tons of straight friends on every cruise we have taken.

We had gone to one event on the ship "years" ago and vowed never to go back again. That said, we've met many a couple on board ships. You'll find family everywhere. Lounges, pools, sauna's. Gaydar is a wonderful thing :D

• 4 weeks later...

I think you'll be pleasantly suprised as there are many of us gay cruisers and do what the others say, watch the boards and newsletters. And yes, you can post a note yourself. Unfortunately we'll be on the Allure the week before you are.. have been on this ship twice and love it ! Enjoy !