India Tourist Visa

Travel_Lusting

Hi All,

Will be traveling on the Quantum of the seas in summer 2015 during the Dubai to Singapore leg. We require a tourist visa for India and I am currently preparing to submit application for same. Part of the application requires a reference in India. We will be staying on the ship while we are there. I called Royal Caribbean to get the reference information. They did not know it. They told be to call CIBT a company who prepares India tourists visas for them, they also did not know.

Has anyone been in this situation before? Any ideas where to get this information?

Your help is very much appreciated.

Kind Regards and Happy Holidays.

Hi All,

Will be traveling on the Quantum of the seas in summer 2015 during the Dubai to Singapore leg. We require a tourist visa for India and I am currently preparing to submit application for same. Part of the application requires a reference in India. We will be staying on the ship while we are there. I called Royal Caribbean to get the reference information. They did not know it. They told be to call CIBT a company who prepares India tourists visas for them, they also did not know.

Has anyone been in this situation before? Any ideas where to get this information?

Your help is very much appreciated.

Kind Regards and Happy Holidays.

Hi,

I had the same problem last year when applying for our dual entry India Visa. In the end, after consulting the Indian Embassy in London (I'm from the UK) I was told to use the address of a British Consulate in India. I found the one in Chennai and used that even though we were not docking anywhere near Chennai. Our application was approved.

I'm not sure whether this information also applies but I had my application form returned as I had sent in a passport sized photograph (I didn't realise there are different sizes) and not a 'visa' sized one. That was an expensive mistake to make!

I see that you intend to stay on board your ship while in port in India. All I can say is that I was extremely nervous about visiting India but was totally captivated by the vibrancy, colour, sounds, glorious countryside, architecture and history. So much so that we have been back for 2 extended land tours and are going back on a cruise in 2017. The culture is very different from ours and there is poverty by our standards but there is so much of interest.

Have a wonderful holiday.

Regards SR

• 1 month later...
Hi Soccerref,

Thanks so much for your reply. The visa thing was really starting to stress me out . . . so I am glad I finally have it complete.

We are very much looking forward to our trip and we hope it is all we have imagined.

Happy Holidays.

Good advice.