Place that sells food and beer to go?

digitalknoll

Hi Cruisers!

My group and I will be in Grand Turk January 17 next year. We have never been and are all very excited to go. I have done the initial research and nailed down where we are going while there (Governors beach), method of travel (golf cart rental), but I need one last bit of help. We plan to bring our own food and drinks to the beach with us. I'd prefer buying supplies from a local store on the island, rather than pack stuff up from the ship. Does anyone know of a store that sells food and beer that's around or on the way to Governors beach? All suggestions are much appreciated!

-DK

There is a small grocery/gas station at the cross road to the airport, if I recall correctly, near there anyway. That's a little beyond the entrance to Governors Beach, but in a cart it's only a few minutes of back tracking. Not sure what they carry in terms of food to go.

Another option would be to walk up the beach from Margaritaville and order something at one of the places along the beach like Island Jerk. Otherwise you'll need to head into Cockburntown where there is a liquor store on Pond Street and then stop at one of the restaurants there then come back to the beach. There is a larger grocery store on Molly Folly east of downtown on the way to the lighthouse. But that's probably further away than you intend to travel.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
If you have a cart, try The Sandbar, Barbie's, or John's Ocean View

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Well those places are all the way into Cockburntown and John's is on the northern end. Not sure if they have alcohol to go either. There is a liquor store there though. OP wanted to bring stuff to Governors. Which is closer to cruise port than Cockburntown.

Well those places are all the way into Cockburntown and John's is on the northern end. Not sure if they have alcohol to go either. There is a liquor store there though. OP wanted to bring stuff to Governors. Which is closer to cruise port than Cockburntown.

"all the way" lol sorry, but 2 miles on the island just doesn't seem out of the way to me. I mean the whole island is less than 7 miles long and less than a mile across.

to each their own :)