Deck 7 Thompson dream

Hiya.

Just booked our first cruise on the Thomson dream - moorish delights. We've upgraded to deck 7 and just wondering if this is a good choice? I think it's cabin midship next to a white block on deck plan (not sure what this is)

Also our travel rep advised there is a mini bar in the outside plus cabin. We have booked all inclusive is the mini bar drinks included?

Any other good advice would be appreciated ie restaurants, dress code etc

Many thanks

:):)

Hi, there are lots who will be better to answer this but just to say hope you have a fab time and think deck 7 is a very good choice, know it's popular and of course mid ship is good.

I think it's geomagot who knows what the white spaces are ( will have to double check) but don't worry within a few hours someone in the know will advise you.

Sorry even on all inc mini bar isn't included, shame!

You will get lots of advice on here so just ask whatever you need to know and someone will know the answer :):)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Sorry forgot, dress code on normal nights I'd call smart casual, trousers and shirt or polo shirt if smart seems to be ok.

On captains gala night which is usually the sea day men wear either evening suit and bow tie etc or ordinary suit and tie etc, women wear short or long dress or trous and dressy top. If you don't want to dress up you can eat in self service that night but it's a shame to miss it imo.

If you eat in self service other nights you can be more casual but again shame not to use MDR when it's so nice and your waited on but it's all personal choice.

never been on deck 7....but...the large white space towards the stern will be where the funnel is, the lower the deck the nosier the funnel, this area on deck 7 should be quieter than on deck 5

the small white spaces (cabin size) are stewards cubby holes and the other white spaces are probably? crew stairwells & service lifts or storage areas although its not inconceivable that they may contain a washing machine or fridges (or something like) but should not be noisy at night

the white space towards the front of deck 7? not sure??

people who have been in the suites on deck 7 have commented, in the past, that they could hear the music from medusa above…..again this would not go on all night

midships on deck 7 should be a good choice only shops and quiet bars above

hope this helps

have great cruise:cool:

We had 7145 which is near the white space at the back of the ship. The noise was terrible. The cabin creaked and groaned all night I hardly got any sleep. I would def. go further forward than this. Our friends stayed in one near the front of the ship and their cabin was so quiet.

We had an outside superior plus in roughly the middle of deck 7 last October and it was one of the quietest rooms I've ever stayed in on holiday.

It was our first cruise and we both slept better than in any hotel.

We've just booked again for the Dream for our Silver Wedding in May but in a deluxe on deck 9 and I'm almost wishing we were back on deck 7 after seeing some of the noise comments - so worry not!

My plan is to make use of the AI and stay up late so that I hear nothing;)

We've had a cabin on deck 7 towards the stern. The noise from the disco was unbearable, that bad we insisted on a move. This was one of several significant issues we encountered on this ship. Its my least favourite Thomson ship by a distance.

We've had a cabin on deck 7 towards the stern. The noise from the disco was unbearable, that bad we insisted on a move.

yep, this makes sense, and the disco often goes on into the small hours:eek:....worth bearing in mind those thinking of prebooking on deck 7.....what may be above?

We had an outside superior plus in roughly the middle of deck 7 last October and it was one of the quietest rooms I've ever stayed in on holiday.

It was our first cruise and we both slept better than in any hotel.

We've just booked again for the Dream for our Silver Wedding in May but in a deluxe on deck 9 and I'm almost wishing we were back on deck 7 after seeing some of the noise comments - so worry not!

My plan is to make use of the AI and stay up late so that I hear nothing;)

Sorry if it's worried you annibear it was me asking which were best in deck 9 I'm afraid :o

We wherec in 9022 but we've charged to 9031 because 9022 can get some noise from main air con unit.

We are also all inc so will follow your example and use it as a sleep aid if needed ! Good idea ;););)

We have reserved 7142 for our August cruise. Is this going to be noisy?

7142 is below the shop so should not be any noise from above..... but it is near the white space (funnel) so will be some noise from that...in my experience the noise from the funnel is not that serious, yes (I wont lie to you) there is a hummm but you do get used to it, many say it lulls them to sleep

our cabin was below 7142 on deck 5 the hum didnt bother me (that hum would be louder on deck 5 than on deck 7) what bothered me was the early morning tannoy announcements coming (probably) from deck 4 crew areas....you shouldn’t hear this 2 decks above on deck 7

I am sorry to say I think it might be:( Can't say for def. be we had 7145 which is near but the opposite side and the cabin was terrible. There was no noise from anywhere except the cabin creaked and groaned all night. Our neighbours said theirs was the same as well.

We got a phone call from Thomsons and as a result moved from 6072 to 7079.

I felt a higher deck, mid ship may be better. He did throw in a bottle of wine/fruit too! I dont mind about a bit of noise etc, we are not paying a fortune for what will be a lovely Caribbean cruise, in 4 weeks!!!:)

After a lot of debate I decided to stick with my cabin 7140. Read a couple of reviews online and both said that 7140 was quiet and in an excellent location. On the other hand any complaints on deck 7 have been about the music from above. I decided I would rather have a slight noise from the funnel than the music. Neither would bother me but it would some of my party and then I would get the grief for tired cruisers!! I will report back my findings and in the mean time fingers crossed it will be fine.

We got a phone call from Thomsons and as a result moved from 6072 to 7079.

I felt a higher deck, mid ship may be better. He did throw in a bottle of wine/fruit too! I dont mind about a bit of noise etc, we are not paying a fortune for what will be a lovely Caribbean cruise, in 4 weeks!!!:)

Wow...basically an upgrade and wine and fruit thrown in....why do I never get offered these things?:(

Although…. I cant see anything wrong with your original choice 6072….. its nowhere near anything noisy

7079 is in what I call the family area...3 berths...there’s the possibility of kids next door?..however thats unlikely given the time of year....kids in our area are on half term for a week from the end of this week then dont break up again until 22nd march for easter so unlikely to be many kids on board when you go

I will point out too.... medusa is above 7079 but that doesnt go on too late, not a problem if you are out in the evenings

have a great cruise and do please let us know what the cabin was like

After a lot of debate I decided to stick with my cabin 7140. Read a couple of reviews online and both said that 7140 was quiet and in an excellent location. On the other hand any complaints on deck 7 have been about the music from above. I decided I would rather have a slight noise from the funnel than the music. Neither would bother me but it would some of my party and then I would get the grief for tired cruisers!! I will report back my findings and in the mean time fingers crossed it will be fine.

I cant be 100% but I am almost sure that 7140 will be fine...i agree withyou that it is quite close to the white space/funnel but only the shop/beauty salon above and imo the funnel hum really isn’t a problem ...not for me anyways….music from above/below would bother me much more

• 2 weeks later...

We were in cabin 7142 in may 2010, and it was a very noisy cabin. It was like a vibration was coming up the outside of the hull and with the bed below the window we could not sleep. the cabins on either side were the same. it was a blessing we were only on for a week. There were no empty cabins so they gave us ear plugs. I would change cabins to nearer the front . The cabins are a good size. Despite the noise problem we did have a good time .it was a nice ship.

We were in cabin 7072 which I found to be fairly quiet. I'm a very light sleeper and didn't have to wear my ear plugs once. We didn't realise that we were below the Medusa bar until the last night. It was only because they were moving the furniture early hours in the morning (ready for immigration to board the ship) on our last night in the cabin that we realised where we were situated on the ship. There is some slight noise while the Medusa bar is playing music but not enough to keep you awake and even then the music doesn't go on all night. Our stewart Gunawan was brill, very polite and a good sense of humour.

Hopefully if the sound is coming up the outside of the ship that was a fault that has since been sorted. Was May 2010 when the Dream was first introduced as a Thomson ship?

I would not count on it as those cabins are near the engine exhaust uptakes and the engines themselves are sitting on the bottom of the ship transferring vibration through to the hull. Further aft there is the problem of vibration from the propellors.

My rule of thumb is never book a cabin aft of midships or near any mysterious white spaces.

Archived