Water Shoes Required for Tubing

IdRatherBCruisin

I have done this twice and loved it. I, and everyone in my group wore water shoes. The people working there went barefoot. So you could be okay, but who wants to ruin their trip by stepping on a sharp rock, broken glass or other hidden sharp object? I don't like to wear them, but you really should.

• 3 weeks later...

Generally the tubing is pretty calm. Many people take their kids.

As far as water shoes go, we always just buy Keens or something like that. This way you have a really decent pair of shoes for any kind of excursion, hiking, water, zip lines, ATVs etc. They are also great for walking around town!

There are all kinds of "sport sandals" out there that will work. You don't need specific "water shoes" if you know what I mean.

Thanks for all of your feedback!

Last time we went on this excursion, we loved it. Very relaxing and beautiful floating through the jungle. Don't remember any rough water or danger.

Our new excursion includes Bamboo Beach AI following tubing. We are looking forward to that also :)

they have tubing in Jamaica? didn't know that but we never been to Jamaica but we are finally going in april on liberty with rccl what is the name of the excursion so I can book it

thanks we went tubing in mountains once and it was fun but the water was really low

they have tubing in Jamaica? didn't know that but we never been to Jamaica but we are finally going in april on liberty with rccl what is the name of the excursion so I can book it

thanks we went tubing in mountains once and it was fun but the water was really low

Yes, most of the excursions go on the White River near Ocho Rios. There are a lot of tours that bundle river tubing and dunn's river falls as well.

Yes, most of the excursions go on the White River near Ocho Rios. There are a lot of tours that bundle river tubing and dunn's river falls as well.

oh ok thanks I will half to check on it this cruise is for my bday im so excited finally get to go to jamaica

I was looking at utube was watching some of the videos of the tubing in Jamaica I noticed some videos they were wearing helmets and the others I saw didn't have helmets

I wanna go tubing but not to the ones that real rough im sure some of the tours for the tubing isn't that bad any suggestions on how to pick one that not bad?

I believe the Rio Bueno River (Nearer to Montego Bay) has more of a "white water rafting" type of experience.

If you go to the White River in Ocho Rios it's usually calm and a nice float down the river. I do not beleive you will wear helmets on the White River tours.