Must things to bring on a Holland World cruise?

• 2 weeks later...

Anythng and everything that you consider to be important. I have a friend on a world cruise right now that took a juicer (she can't drink the standard juice on board because of diabetes, so she squeezes her own juice).

One suggestion that I had from a previous world cruiser was to bring wire coat hangars (sorry, Joan) and have the wooden ones removed from your closet because they take up so much space.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
hi, my husband and I are planning a world cruise in 2017 and would love to receive your list of things to bring on a long cruise in order to prepare us for this long trip away from home. thank you and hope to hear from you soon

Welcome to Cruise Critic. If you want you could join the Holland 2017 World Cruise, Roll Call (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2205832 )

• 1 month later...

For me, it was personal toiletries items that I desired: eye drop solutions that I regularly use, a deodorant brand and type that I prefer. Before the cruise, I kept track of the amount of these products that I used during a given period of time. I then purchased those amounts, boxed them, and sent them to the port for embarkation. I found that I returned home with few of the items that were not used. My estimate was close to correct.

• 5 weeks later...
what are the must things to bring?

We both bring detailed pictures of any clothes we want made in Hong Kong or Thailand.

Karen must bring enough hair dye as hers is not available elsewhere in the world.

At least two extra credit cards with different numbers in case of loss or number compromise.

A "Passport" type terabyte drive with a back up of your entire computer.

A companion to share the trip.

Scott & Karen

• 2 weeks later...

We always bring lots of magnets so we can hang things on the metal walls, a calendar to write down dinner dates, room #'s, photos of our grandkids, cats and dogs (magnets used again), a small pair of scissors, a yellow highlighter, scotch tape and paper clips and misc birthday and thank you cards to use with all our new found friends. We also bring a power strip to have lots of outlets.

One year we even had a large world map on the wall (easily held up with magnets) and my husband used the highlighter to pin point all our ports as we travelled around the world.

Don't forget your chargers for all electronics.