London hotel choice

I am debating between the Marriott Grosvenor House and the Waldorf Hilton. Does anyone have any feedback or preferences between these hotels. They both have been recently renovated.

I want to thank everyone for the help you have given us in planning our trip.

Sorry, no feedback on the two you asked about, but we just returned from our cruise and spent the night before and the night after at the Athenaeum and absolutely loved it. Very personable service, friendly staff, our park view room was upgraded to a suite - both nights - at no additional cost, the location was great (on Piccadilly across from Green Park), the linens were luxurious, towel warmer in the bathroom, windows that open, marble bathroom - and we would stay there again in a heartbeat. Have a great vacation.

We recently stayed at the Waldorf and had a superb stay. If you can get an Executive room it includes access to the Executive Lounge which means free breakfast, evening snacks and drinks (wine/beer/espresso/coke, etc.) and internet access. By London standards our room was very large too.

I think the best thing about the Waldorf is its location, however. About a two minute walk to Covent Garden and the theatre district and good access to several tube stations and bus routes.

We booked the Park Plaza, County Hall, London, many months ago for this July. At that time, the nightly rate was 95GBP. Sorry, I don't know about your other choices.

... If you can get an Executive room it includes access to the Executive Lounge which means free breakfast, evening snacks and drinks (wine/beer/espresso/coke, etc.) and internet access. By London standards our room was very large too.

In London this is a huge benefit probably worth at least $100-150 / day given the prices - more if traveling with a family!

Archived