Question on Beach Excursion through RCI

ldeflavia

Looking at the beach excursion through RCI and it's at Orient Beach. Does anyone know where on Orient Beach they have it? It says it includes a chair, drinks and lunch. But doesn't mention if it's one of these beach clubs that provides it or something else.

I'm also looking to see if it's just better to go to Orient Beach on our own and just do Orange Fever or Kakao for chair rentals, lunch, etc. Or any other recommended places?

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

The times we have done the excursion through RCL, we went to Rendezvous. It was very nice and the food was great. The only drawback was the short length of time at the beach...around 3 hrs I think. We have also done Orange Fever on our own but found that end of the beach too crowded for our liking, the food/bar was good though. After we had paid for our chairs for the day, we wandered further down the beach and found a variety of other places not so crowded that also rent chairs/umbrellas. Overall I would recommend doing Orient Beach in your own, you'll have more time and probably won't spend as much in the long run.

I'm not aware of any spot on Orient Beach named Rendezvous.

There is a Rendez-Vous across the island in Porto Cupecoy, kind of an upscale place, but I can't think of any place in the Orient area with a name like that.

gary

It's been 2 years since we were there, so I may be wrong but I could almost swear the place was called Rendezvous, it's a beach bar and a well established restaurant with a bunch of covered wooden seating areas off the beach. A much larger place than many of the "beach clubs". Regardless, the place they go is nice, just not enough time for us.