World cruises segments

paulista1950

No they are set in stone.

QV 08 is all waitlisted.

That leaves the QE2 which isn't a true world.

Hey Ocngypz., with all due respect, the itinerary is of course set but from experience Cunard does sometimes offer segments not advertised as part of the world trip. Down here in NZ we often have been offered short cruises of a week or so., usually from Tahiti or Fiji have have been on a regular basis for at least the last 10 years. Although it did not happen this year, probably because of the popularity of the current world cruise, we were left hanging as to whether it would be on offer from our travel agent right up until the QE2 left Los Angeles. I expect that Australia probably gets the same small segments as well. As she explained Carnival work on a full capacity ship and will offer anything that it takes to maintain this.

I also happen to know, because I have organised a group to join the QV from Singapore to Southampton (and this group is growing periodically) that we have been able to add more people even as late as last week from various ports, so not all segments are currently waitlisted.

I am guessing that with both the QV and the QE2 being down this way in 2008 and this the increased capacity that the opportunity may again arise and shorter segments will be available.

regards

As you said... "last week". Space was pulled for the QV over the weekend.

The worlds are chopped into three geographic tariffs: North America, AUS and UK. The liner voyages, shorter segments and transatlantics are all set from the get-go. The question is, whether or not your particular geographic sales territory has access to the particular sailings.

Hey Ocngypz., with all due respect, the itinerary is of course set but from experience Cunard does sometimes offer segments not advertised as part of the world trip. Down here in NZ we often have been offered short cruises of a week or so., usually from Tahiti or Fiji have have been on a regular basis for at least the last 10 years. Although it did not happen this year, probably because of the popularity of the current world cruise, we were left hanging as to whether it would be on offer from our travel agent right up until the QE2 left Los Angeles. I expect that Australia probably gets the same small segments as well. As she explained Carnival work on a full capacity ship and will offer anything that it takes to maintain this.

I also happen to know, because I have organised a group to join the QV from Singapore to Southampton (and this group is growing periodically) that we have been able to add more people even as late as last week from various ports, so not all segments are currently waitlisted.

I am guessing that with both the QV and the QE2 being down this way in 2008 and this the increased capacity that the opportunity may again arise and shorter segments will be available.

regards

I have just noticed that QE2 will sail from Singapore to Los Angeles in March 2008. I don't have the time or money to sail all that way, but I live in Hong Kong and I noticed that it will stop in Hong Kong.

So the question is, can I just take the Singapore -> Hong Kong leg of the cruise and not go on to LA? (I will fly to Singapore from HK.)

Archived