Todd English

louallard

Hello

Although we have sailed many times on several different cruise lines, this

will be our first Queen Mary 2 sailing. (extremely excited)

After trying most of the "alternate" dining restaurants on past ships, we find them to be a hit or miss....Do you recommend Todd English for our anniversary dinner?

Thanks so very much

Lou

Hello Lou

Most definatley; the restaurant serves exquisite food with wonderful attentive service in a sophisticated and elegant ambience. What more could you ask for? We experienced it for ourselves at Christmas and intend to do so again in September 2007 and March 2008.

I recommend the sublime 'Love Letters' as a starter and the 'Chocolate Fallen Cake' for dessert. It is difficult to pick a favorite out of the mains as they are all reported to be as delicious as each other.

Bon Appitite

Shellie x

Do you recommend Todd English for our anniversary dinner?

Thanks so very much

Lou

Lou

YES YES YES!

In my review I said

"That night was the last formal evening and I had booked the “Todd English Restaurant” for dinner (at 7.30). I had a pre-dinner drink in the Commodore Club and then made my way aft on deck 8, starboard side. The entrance hall is circular with a red, buttoned and stuffed, circular sofa in it. The décor is unlike any other room on the ship. Inside there is a large bar area. I approached the Maitre 'd and gave my name. He looked disdainfully at me (I knew immediately that I was in for a gastronomic delight there and then. Any restaurant that employs head waiters who wouldn’t normally allow me in their dining room must be good). He waved a waiter over and, after deciding which corner of the room I would be the least offensive in, told the waiter the table number. He couldn’t have been less welcoming. I was in heaven.

After the huge Britannia Restaurant I got a taste of what it must be like dining in the smaller, more intimate atmosphere of the Grill rooms (although even they are larger than Todd English). The restaurant is wonderfully lit and decorated. Every little detail of the table setting had been well thought out.

The meal was beyond my expectations. I cannot put into words the flavours and tastes that I savoured that night. There is a $30 per head additional charge for dining here and it was worth every one of those dollars. The service was outstanding. I knew before boarding the ship that the last course was going to have to be “Chocolate Fallen Cake”. I’d heard so much about it. My god was it good. I didn’t want to leave. I’d eaten so much and so richly that I very nearly couldn’t. The restaurant was full when I did, eventually, make my way, reluctantly, out.

I’m probably not giving the game away here by answering a question I was going to leave till the very end (yes, I will stop eventually). “Will I have another voyage on the Queen Mary 2?” The answer, of course, is “YES”. And next time I would like to have someone with me that I can take to the Todd English with romantic intentions. There would be no finer place in which to wine and dine that “special person”. And, after dinner here, out on deck, against a spectacular sunset, no better ship on which to propose. Don’t wake me up at this point".

If you want to see the menu, look at Cunard's site, it's there.

Enjoy your voyage and let us know how you got on.

Does anyone know if there is a copy of the Todd English restaurant on the internet. I am on a gluten free diet and would like to check the menu before I sail to se if I can dine there. I have no problems in Kings Court or Britannia.

Thanks

Michelle

Michelle

Go to Cunard.co.uk , "our ships" , QM2 , dining , Todd English , dinner menu (a pdf file).

or this might work

http://cunard.co.uk/uploads/QM2menuDiTE.pdf

Hope this helps

Yes

Believe it or not our "Wedding Breakfast" was in fact dinner for four in Todd English having married the morning of departure. You may gather we were not ones for huge ceremony but the evening suited the occasion very well for us! Cunard had great problems coping with such an unusual request and the cake said "Happy Anniversary" duh! Did we care, no, we were just too happy having a fabulous time with each other on a fabulous crossing to worry about details. First night out is usually reasonalbly quiet we found. Enjoy.

Ian

Archived