Map of Beach Bars in Mahahual?

imluvncruzn

Does anyone have a map that would show where all of the beach bars along the Malecon? OR can someone list them for me? We were thinking about doing a bar crawl in Costa Maya and wondering about how long the walk is from bar to bar. TIA.

May not be completely up to date but this is a good start

http://www.mayanbeachgarden.com/Mahajual_Maps.html

From the lighthouse, which is one end of the malecon closest to the port, to the other end of the malecon, there are probably 30 to 35 beach bars, or restaurants and hotels with beach bar service. To walk that strip might take 15 minutes max. To bar crawl it and hit them all, might take more than an afternoon for most drinkers. Most are okay for a drink, a few are not, so just pay attention.The bad ones are usually easy to spot. Good luck!

If I were doing a beach bar crawl down the malecon, I'd give a pass tot he northern end bars- Tequila Beach, Corona Beach, Sr Frogs. And start just past the northern pier at Hotel Mahahual, I think the Black Pearl in this area is now closed :( but if not do stop there then venture south to Tropicante, El Faro, Green Iguana, Tapas, Nacional Beach Club (Evan makes a mean margarita), Pez Quadro. If you're still walking (not crawling), that'll put you about as far south as you can go before a long dry stretch to the southern fishing pier. (NoHoch Kay is along this stretch but it's an AI so they probably won't let you stop, but if they do, Jaime has a couple of good barkeeps and has cold Bohemia). If you get past the southern pier and the camping grounds, there are a couple of restaurants at the small hotels there. Not sure if they're still open during the day for service, would probably depend on the number of guests. Btu I'd say you've pretty much covered the territory by Pez Quadro.

If I were doing a beach bar crawl down the malecon, I'd give a pass tot he northern end bars- Tequila Beach, Corona Beach, Sr Frogs. And start just past the northern pier at Hotel Mahahual, I think the Black Pearl in this area is now closed :( but if not do stop there then venture south to Tropicante, El Faro, Green Iguana, Tapas, Nacional Beach Club (Evan makes a mean margarita), Pez Quadro. If you're still walking (not crawling), that'll put you about as far south as you can go before a long dry stretch to the southern fishing pier. (NoHoch Kay is along this stretch but it's an AI so they probably won't let you stop, but if they do, Jaime has a couple of good barkeeps and has cold Bohemia). If you get past the southern pier and the camping grounds, there are a couple of restaurants at the small hotels there. Not sure if they're still open during the day for service, would probably depend on the number of guests. Btu I'd say you've pretty much covered the territory by Pez Quadro.

Great thank you! So does that mean Pez Quadro is closest to the port and Senor Frogs as at the other end? We have reservations at the Tropicante as not everyone wants to partake in bar crawl and some will have kids with them so they will be staying at Tropicante. Just trying to get an idea where the bars are in relation to eachother.

Great thank you! So does that mean Pez Quadro is closest to the port and Senor Frogs as at the other end? We have reservations at the Tropicante as not everyone wants to partake in bar crawl and some will have kids with them so they will be staying at Tropicante. Just trying to get an idea where the bars are in relation to eachother.

No opposite. Pez Quadro is furthest from port, Sr Frogs, Tequila Beach, et.al. are closer. But if you start at Tropicante and facing the beach turn right (to El Faro next door) you'll be going in the right direction for the bar crawl. You might wander up a couple of spots to your left just to be sure you didn't miss anything new. But once you get to Sr Frogs or Corona Beach, you are, IMHO, into the "tourista trap" places which are closer to the port and thus the first taxi/bus stops.

And I noticed that there's a thread above you on the YaYa Beach Club. That's a bit further south past Pez Quadro, near the dive shop. I've never been there, but it gets mixed reviews on TA. I think they may have taken over the old Blue Iguana spot, but that's a guess. They have day packages so not sure if they take "walk ups" or what the bar is like. My guess is same-old, same-old: margaritas and Coronas. If you make it that far, might be worth checking out.