Live Reggae Music and Food

lifeasme123

Don't really know of any off hand. You're best bet would be in town somewhere, and even there I'm not sure what you'll find as far as live music during the day.

Dunn's is out of town and I don't recall any kind of bars around it. Maybe someone else can help, but I'm going to say there are a couple of beach clubs that might have some live entertainment while a ship is in town, but I don't know for sure.

I've never found a great place to go and hang out in Ocho Rios like I have in Montego Bay or Negril areas (Unfortunately). One of our favorite things to do on a cruise is find a local dive bar with some ocean breezes, good drinks and friendly locals. Haven't found that combo in OR yet.

When will you be in Ocho Rios?

Morgan Heritage is doing a show at the Ocho Rios Margaritaville on Fri. 10/17/14. They will be at Pier 1 in Montego Bay on Sat. 10/18/14.

We will be there second week of December.

If you know of any good bars - doesn't have to have reggae music - but music, nice people, good food and just fun in Ocho Rios area, please let us know.

BTW - isn't Margaritaville a "touristy" place?

Don't really know of any off hand. You're best bet would be in town somewhere, and even there I'm not sure what you'll find as far as live music during the day.

Dunn's is out of town and I don't recall any kind of bars around it. Maybe someone else can help, but I'm going to say there are a couple of beach clubs that might have some live entertainment while a ship is in town, but I don't know for sure.

I've never found a great place to go and hang out in Ocho Rios like I have in Montego Bay or Negril areas (Unfortunately). One of our favorite things to do on a cruise is find a local dive bar with some ocean breezes, good drinks and friendly locals. Haven't found that combo in OR yet.

Do you know of any spots in Mobay?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Do you know of any spots in Mobay?

I don't know about live music, but we've had a ton of fun at the Dead End Beach bar at the very end of the hip strip (right near the airport landing strip). This is what you would consider a local bar!

Fun!!! We will be there 2nd week of December. If you do find something I hope you'll let me know. Are you using a tour guide?

As of yet we have not booked anything. We wanted to check out the hip strip, doctors cave beach and just walk around. We were going to book a private tour but we changed our minds.

I will def keep you posted.

What ship are you sailing on?

As of yet we have not booked anything. We wanted to check out the hip strip, doctors cave beach and just walk around. We were going to book a private tour but we changed our minds.

Thanks for the info, was music playing at the bar?

I wanted to at least hear some reggae while in Jamaica, even if it's not live.

We will be arriving on Oasis of the Seas. Have a great trip!!!

We hired a tour guide, but thought I check on this forum just in case someone knows of a cool place for reggae music, even if it isn't live...just want a good time.

We will be arriving on Oasis of the Seas. Have a great trip!!!

We hired a tour guide, but thought I check on this forum just in case someone knows of a cool place for reggae music, even if it isn't live...just want a good time.

Sounds good. You have a great trip as well.