Anyone recently (within 2 mo) been in cabin 8102 on Serenade (only)?

I know how things are always changing on Royal and the different ships. We are leaving in 2 weeks and have cabin 8102 on the Serenade. I have read and seen pictures of only 2 chairs and a table... No loungers. Can someone who has been in this cabin recently verify the chair situation? We have had this cabin several times, but not recently. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Would love to know the answer, myself! We have this cabin in a month and have also had it several times before. It's always had a lounger or two. It would be a shame if they've done away with that. I'll have to drag a mattress out there!

Would love to know the answer, myself! We have this cabin in a month and have also had it several times before. It's always had a lounger or two. It would be a shame if they've done away with that. I'll have to drag a mattress out there!

Well, it certainly is large enough to hold a mattress. Lol. I will try and remember to come back and post when we return on the 28th if we don't hear anything before them.

We were in 8088 on Feb.26th sailing. We had two chairs and a larger table. We requested two loungers from cabin steward and received as requested. He told us that he would have to pick them up on last evening of cruise; which he did. Don't know why he didn't just leave them on balcony. He did receive an extra tip for this service.:)

We were in 8088 on Feb.26th sailing. We had two chairs and a larger table. We requested two loungers from cabin steward and received as requested. He told us that he would have to pick them up on last evening of cruise; which he did. Don't know why he didn't just leave them on balcony. He did receive an extra tip for this service.:)

Thank you SO much for responding and providing that information. I will also pass this information on to our friends who have 8088. I was just diagnosed (for a 2nd time) with diverticulitis today and we leave Friday. Knowing how I felt from the meds the last time I had it, I might really want those lounge chairs. At least one anyway. Thank you again.

Thank you SO much for responding and providing that information. I will also pass this information on to our friends who have 8088. I was just diagnosed (for a 2nd time) with diverticulitis today and we leave Friday. Knowing how I felt from the meds the last time I had it' date=' I might really want those lounge chairs. At least one anyway. Thank you again.[/quote']

You are welcome. I know you didn't ask; but there have been many posts lately on noise level in centrum and how it affects these cabins. We did not find it a problem during the day or at night. We are usually in our stateroom by 10:30pm and they routinely closed the fire doors at 10:00pm. Enjoy your cruise; we certainly did!:D

We have also traveled in this cabin and in 8088 multiple times and never previously been bothered by noise, but hearing all the recent comments about noise, I was concerned. Also, all the comments about the hardness of the "new" mattresses. I thought between the two, I'd be unlikely to get a wink of sleep the whole cruise!

We have also traveled in this cabin and in 8088 multiple times and never previously been bothered by noise, but hearing all the recent comments about noise, I was concerned. Also, all the comments about the hardness of the "new" mattresses. I thought between the two, I'd be unlikely to get a wink of sleep the whole cruise!

Our bed had an eggcrate mattress topper on it and was quite comfortable. With the fire doors closed routinely each night at 10pm and the mattress topper we slept well!!:D

• 2 weeks later...

Here to report that 8102 and 8088 are alive and well, but only 2 chairs and a small table. We were in 8102 and friends had 8088. We did ask our cabin steward for 2 more chairs and said he would have to get approval from his supervisor. About day 3 (2nd sea day), low and behold 2 lounger type chairs appeared with the detached footstools. We tipped him $10 and all was good. Our friends also got the loungers. We both had the same cabin steward which stumped me because they were on the other side of the elevators.

Thanks so much for reporting back. It seems crazy that there are no longer loungers on these balconies all the time. That's just crazy! Will definitely be asking our steward for some, though I feel badly for his trouble. Good grief!

Thanks so much for reporting back. It seems crazy that there are no longer loungers on these balconies all the time. That's just crazy! Will definitely be asking our steward for some, though I feel badly for his trouble. Good grief!

I totally agree. Maybe if enough people keep asking for them, they'll realize that they should just leave them there. There are enough of us that have been traveling in these cabins that know what they have taken away.

We are on the jewel in 8102. Hoping they have loungers, and if not, they'll provide some if we ask.

How about the noise? Did you experience any?

Thanks for reporting on the loungers.

The only night I heard anything from the Centrum was 70's night (I think). The band played later and I went to bed at 10p. I barely heard it and it did not bother me at all. Sometimes you can here the emergency door that they close sometime around 9p, slam but never late and never did I think it was a big deal. I would book that cabin again in a heartbeat. Matter of fact, we booked the Jewel for 2017 and none of elevator rooms are available, but I could get an aft cabin.

Enjoy your cruise. I want to go back. Suffering PCD badly.

• 1 month later...

Just returned home from doing an 11nt in this cabin and there were not loungers on the balcony, but there was two regular chairs with a table and then two more reclining chairs with footstools that I found just as comfy as loungers. I'm not one who likes to lay out flat, so they were perfect for reading on the balcony. I just like to have my feet up.

I will say, as I've cruised in this cabin 3 times, it was MUCH noisier than ever before. The Centrum has always before been the spot for softer music....guitar or strings or piano. Now it seems, they have moved the LOUD dance music here every evening, and they play until 11:30pm. They do close the fire doors at 10pm, but that does not muffle all the sound. So, something to think about if you are an early to bed sort.

Also, a report on the mattress.....I found it to be comfortable. I never took the bed apart to really look at the mattress, but my friend said that they had not been switched out yet to the new "Flintstone beds". So, for the time being.....it's perfectly comfy. Hope this helps!