Royal Babies On Allure

LEOwife

Hi All,

We are gearing up to leave on Allure for B2B cruises and wanted to ask a few questions about Royal Babies.

1 - We are taking my MIL for babysitting detail so we won't be needing their babysitting. But, can I or my MIL take DS into the nursery to play with their toys and sit with him? not leaving him for the babysitters?

2 - How is the toy rental system? What kind of toys are they? How does that work? DS is 8 months old and I really don't want to bring a suitcase for toys for him (we are flying). I am ordering him the octopus and blanket from Gifts and Gear so he will have something.

3 - DS loves his Jumperoo. He will seriously hours in it swinging and jumping. I was thinking about bringing it since it folds up flat. Is there a good doorframe that I can hang it on? We will be in two connecting balcony rooms the first week and a family suite and balcony room (connected) the second week?

I don't know about parent/baby playtime on ships with a nursery....

They do have a toy exchange....used to be Fisher Price stuff....no fee.

In the Connecting cabins, the doorway between the rooms will have a doorframe you can use....and I'm sure the suite/cabin combo will have the same thing....

The only other place might be the bathroom door, but the uneven floor there wouldn't be suitable.

There is a large playroom you can take him to, but the nursery is only for children left there for babysitting. That is for safety--only children & the nursery staff. It is really secure. There are a lot of toys in the playroom.

I'm not sure what they have now for the toy lending. When we sailed they still had a partnership with Fisher Price. There was a binder with photos & descriptions of toys in 18 different bags. You could check 1 out at a time and exchange later if you wanted. The bag we got had about 4 different toy sets (we never exchanged as DD loved all the toys). One was a boat set and one was a car set from what I can remember (don't remember the others).