Seatac and the light rail endurance run

Is it difficult to catch the light rail from Seatac airport baggage claim? I can not find anything really defining the length it is from baggage claim to the actual rail line.

The vids I see on you tube show going up escalators but we will have the luggage cart things. Also, alot of walking from terminal to the actual light rail. - but nothing seems clear on the airports web-site about length from terminal to lite rail and there doesn't seem to be a shuttle. Does anyone have any experience with this? I'm braving this later this season and am asking for some friends who have kids and a few folk up in years and he does not want to fray nerves before the trip starts and I can't give him some direct answers about this. Any suggestions?

Is it difficult to catch the light rail from Seatac airport baggage claim? I can not find anything really defining the length it is from baggage claim to the actual rail line.

The vids I see on you tube show going up escalators but we will have the luggage cart things. Also, alot of walking from terminal to the actual light rail. - but nothing seems clear on the airports web-site about length from terminal to lite rail and there doesn't seem to be a shuttle. Does anyone have any experience with this? I'm braving this later this season and am asking for some friends who have kids and a few folk up in years and he does not want to fray nerves before the trip starts and I can't give him some direct answers about this. Any suggestions?

I timed myself--it took me less than 10 minutes, total, to walk from baggage claim, up the elevator, through the parking garage, out to the light rail platform. I'm a pretty average walker--certainly not young or very fit!

If you have luggage carts (or wheelchairs, or strollers, or anything else you can't take on the escalators), there are elevators in the airport, out in the garage, and at the light rail station.

I timed myself the first time because I thought it would be a fair assessment since I didn't know what I was doing or where I was going.

I'm not young or fit. It took me 9 minutes. The time will vary depending on your starting point ..... if your luggage carousel is at the south end of the terminal you'll have farther to walk since the Station is at the north end.

Basically you have to go up one level from baggage claim; there are escalators and elevators to use. Then you walk across across a skybridge into the parking garage and follow the overhead signs thru the garage. The route is thru the garage so it's covered and well lit.

There is quite a bit of walking if you disembark at Westlake. Look for the elevators.

Video from the Port web site:

http://www.portseattle.org/Sea-Tac/Parking-and-Transportation/Ground-Transportation/Pages/Public-Transit.aspx

Map from the port .... showing the skybridges to the garage

http://www.portseattle.org/Sea-Tac/Maps-and-Directions/Pages/Terminal-to-Link-Light-Rail.aspx

p.s I made the mistake of paying my fare with a twenty and got $17 back in coins ! So use a card or small bill.

Edited by mapleleaves

Carry-on only and hustling it was about 6 minutes for us; with luggage about 8 - but we walk fast. It's an easy walk in terms of being nice & flat, wide walkways, undercover so no rain issues at the airport end.

If you come in on the southern end of the airport (I flew in on Delta, which appears to do that), I think the distance is actually around 1/3 of a mile or so, maybe even slightly longer. I do remember it being a lot further than I expected :).

• 3 weeks later...

we flew Delta and, while not a difficult walk, my granddaughter and I were joking about what a trek it was. Beginning to think we were walking into Seattle, lol.

That was after having to get on a shuttle just to get to baggage claim.

I know that if my m-i-l was with me, she would have had difficulty.