Scenic Aura Myanmar

jillyf

We are booked in January 2017 and are looking forward to touring the river and Inle Lake.

The ship is new and apparently launched this month. I haven't seen anything about the maiden cruise on CC or from Scenic. Not even any brochures from Scenic advertising it.

Is anyone aboard yet or about to embark?

I am just about to email my TA to see what is happening.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

We are home from a great cruise of the Irrawaddy and side trip to Inle Lake.

I will write a review in the next week but in case someone is looking at booking I wanted to say we really enjoyed our 18 days.

Ten nights aboard with good food, drink, crew and fellow passengers.

The river was very low so I'm not sure how the next month or two will go. We scrapped a few sandbanks but any lower may be a problem.

Getting up and down the banks when docked was a bit of a trial for me with "bad knees" but the crew were wonderful making sure I got up safely.

Will write a bit more in my review but you will get the gist of a great time.

Glad to hear, and welcome home! We have been home since Sunday and slowly recovering from the time difference. We really enjoyed India and it sounds like we need to start looking at some of these other areas too. Looking forward to your full review.

jillyf: Did you mean Jan 2018? We will probably see you and your boat along the Irrawaddy. We will be on the RV Markara with Vantage in January as well.

We are booked in January 2017 and are looking forward to touring the river and Inle Lake.

The ship is new and apparently launched this month. I haven't seen anything about the maiden cruise on CC or from Scenic. Not even any brochures from Scenic advertising it.

Is anyone aboard yet or about to embark?

I am just about to email my TA to see what is happening.

I read thru your husband's blog. The pictures were wonderful. Very excited about our upcoming trip. Thanks for sharing.

Having trouble navigating the new CC website.

Will write my review in the next few days.

My husband writes a brief blog if you would like to see our trip. http://thefletchers.com.au/The_Fletchers/Myanmar_2017/Myanmar_2017.html

I have read your blog. Great.

Did you actually have lunch with the nuns in Sagaing. The brochure says ( enjoy a freshly cooked meal cooked by the nuns). Your blog says we walked the grounds while the nuns ate their lunch.

Having had stomach unsets even while being careful, would prefer to have my meals on the ship.

jillyf, enjoyed the blog very much. Looks like a fun trip!

harbourside, eating on board the ship is no guarantee. You can get sick regardless of where you eat. Being careful will reduce your risk, but nothing can eliminate it.