Help with wanting another print

Hi, is there anyway to get another print via email or mail from a photographer that was on the Carnival Splendor Dec 10-18th, 2016?

Thank you!

There may be copyright issues with either of the ways suggested for getting a 2nd print without paying for it. There are definitely copyright issues with scanning it to get your 2nd print.

DON

Edited by donaldsc

if the copy is for private use I really doubt you will get arrested.

Whether you are arrested or not is irrelevant. Even if you make a copy for private use, you are stealing someone's intellectual property. In fact, many places will not make copies of pictures that they suspect may be copyrighted.

This WEB site - https://support.ourcruisephotos.com/support/solutions/articles/193656-copyright-release-form - has this verbiage in it -

"Copyright release form

Modified on: Fri, 13 Jan, 2017 at 11:40 AM

The purchase of Get the Picture! or Our Cruise Photos-Digital includes a copyright release form allowing you to reproduce the photos in the sizes and quantities you wish. The copyright form is attached to this solution, you can download and print the PDF below.

Photo retailers and technicians may wish to see a copy of your copyright release form before consenting to use, reproduce or modify your photos. We recommend that you print a copy and bring this with you to any photo retailer."

DON

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I doubt the clerk at CVS, Walgreens will notice.

I had a clerk at Costco notice when I printed a shot taken by a cruise ship photographer.

I've heard stories of people being stopped at Walmart when they tried to pay for copies made at the self-serve kiosk.

Carnival used to have a release form on their website that gave you permission to have their photographs reproduced for non-commercial use.

Most cruise lines don't save the images much beyond the end of the cruise. Given the number of ships and the number of shots taken on each cruise. The amount of disk space needed would get into petabytes very quickly. Virtually none of those photos would have any resale value.