Public Phones at Cruise Port?

dreaminofcruisin

We will be renting a car when we get to Grand Cayman (going to the Botanical gardens). The car rental website states that there are public phones at the cruise port which we should use to call them and they will come pick us up. This is the only place I will need to make a local call, so I won't have my cell phone set for International calls.

Can anyone tell me how much it costs to make a local call? I will need to get some Cayman dollars in order to do this (likely make a purchase and get some change), so I want to be sure I have what I need. Also, does anyone know more of a specific location for the public phones?

Thanks.

:)

• 4 weeks later...

Back from my cruise and thought I would respond to my own post in case it is helpful to anyone else. The best laid plans....... As it turned out, due to high waves, we did not tender into Georgetown, but instead tendered into Spotts Bay. This is Grand Cayman's smaller 'alternate' port. No public phones there. However, when the VERY helpful woman at the information booth found out we just wanted to make a local call for our rental call, she called on her cell phone for us. Also helpful to know.....no WIFI in Spotts Bay....