Transfer included but full day in port and late flight?

We are travelling on the Thomson Dream on the 30th September sailing from Corfu Town doing the Adriatic Explorer cruise.

I am confused as to the arrangements on the final day when we arrive back in Corfu Town. We dock and disembark early in the day, but our flight is not until around 9pm so our party of four would very much like to spend the day in Kerkira. However, our package includes a Thomson transfer from the ship to the airport.

Does anyone know how we can make the transfer work for us? I'm assuming Thomson aren't expecting us to spend 12 hours at the airport! Is there likely to be a late transfer from the port which we can taxi back to from Kerkira?

Any advice gratefully received!

If your flight is at around 9pm you will probably be taken to the airport about 6pm. Until then you have full use of the facilities (and the AI if you have it!) Your hold luggage will have been collected the night before and you can leave your hand luggage in a supervised area. You could then go into Corfu Town for the day and be back in time for your transfer. There is a local bus or taxis outside the port or it is walkable. You will be advised what time to be on the quayside to board your bus to the airport. It is all very well organised![emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by Sheila49

Yes agree with Sheila :)

We had that flight last year. We booked a late check out cabin for about £35, then went into Corfu Town on the bus. Back for lunch then a snooze before some dinner and we were picked up about 6pm and taken to the airport.

Have you been to Corfu airport? It is very small! You certainly wouldn't want to spend 12 hours there :eek::eek::D

Thomsons did take us to a hotel for lunch which passed a couple of hours. We didn't go through to departures till as late as possible so were able to go to the cafe/bar outside the airport and there is also a cafe above the check in hall which was almost empty. I had never noticed it on previous visits. The departure 'lounge' is a nightmare though![emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Information about arrangements for your return flight will be put in your cabin a couple of days beforehand. They sometimes group 2 or 3 flights for different airports but with similar departure times for the same shuttle bus but my guess would be around 6.30/7.00 for your flight time. Iirc it's about 20/30 minute transfer depending on traffic then allowing for check-in and security I don't think that would be far out.

Yes agree with Sheila :)

We had that flight last year. We booked a late check out cabin for about £35, then went into Corfu Town on the bus. Back for lunch then a snooze before some dinner and we were picked up about 6pm and taken to the airport.

Have you been to Corfu airport? It is very small! You certainly wouldn't want to spend 12 hours there :eek::eek::D

Thanks everyone for the responses. Linda can you book the late checkout cabin once onboard or did you pre-book prior to sailing?