St Thomas snorkelling

Sxxacy

Reading all the posts about this and it looks like it's between Trunk Bay and Coki beach. We have our own gear.

Those who have gone your own way to Coki - any other info/details you have would be much appreciated! Cab price? Distance away?

Any other gems in St Thomas for snorkelling?

Reading all the posts about this and it looks like it's between Trunk Bay and Coki beach. We have our own gear.

Those who have gone your own way to Coki - any other info/details you have would be much appreciated! Cab price? Distance away?

Any other gems in St Thomas for snorkelling?

we did sapphire a couple of years ago. I think it was $20 each way for cab fare and I think coke is a bit closer along the way to sapphire beach.

Edited by snc_cam

Coki was maybe $17 each way (from Little Krum Bay, it would be less from Havensight) but I tipped it up to $20.

I went for scuba do I can't comment on the snorkeling, sorry.

Edited by Underwatr

We rented a Jeep from the agency right in from of the cruise port and snorkleed at Sapphire Beach. It wasn't very crowded at Sapphire the day we were there even though there were two ships in port that day. There was plenty enough to see in the water and conditions were good.

The Jeep allowed us flexability to change locations if conditions were not good, if it got crowded and a place to store our gear while we were in the water.

We rented a Jeep from the agency right in from of the cruise port and snorkleed at Sapphire Beach. It wasn't very crowded at Sapphire the day we were there even though there were two ships in port that day. There was plenty enough to see in the water and conditions were good.

The Jeep allowed us flexability to change locations if conditions were not good, if it got crowded and a place to store our gear while we were in the water.

Good to know! May I ask the vehicle rental place?

Good to know! May I ask the vehicle rental place?

Check the latest on a search, but I believe that both Budget and Avis had locations right at the dock just outside the gates of the port. If I remember correctly , we rented from Budget. A little bit more $$ than a taxi to and from the other side of the island, but so much more convenient.

Remember to drive on the left.

We did Coki beach on our own two times, once we scuba dived and the other time we snorkeled. Both times we took the city bus which is exactly like the open air taxisthat other others pay more for we paid two dollars. We just asked the locals where the bus stop was and walk to it. It dropped off about a seven minute walk before the beach. On our way back when we were approached by open-air taxis we said we were looking for the bus and they allowed us on for the two dollar fare. That was a 2-3 yrs ago.

We enjoyed snorkeling there as much as diving. If I went back I would snorkel again.

We just did Coki on our own last year and it was amazing! We have been to Sapphire before too and enjoyed it.

I have a COMPLETE review listed in my signature line. Just click on it and scroll down to find the beginning of the review. There are TONS of pictures in it from our snorkeling that day. I was amazed. :)

We just did Coki on our own last year and it was amazing! We have been to Sapphire before too and enjoyed it.

I have a COMPLETE review listed in my signature line. Just click on it and scroll down to find the beginning of the review. There are TONS of pictures in it from our snorkeling that day. I was amazed. :)

I don't see any reviews or links in your signature??