Safety drill time?

MillieMeter

The Odyssey is not scheduled to leave Bali until 11:00pm on Dec.5th.

I have a tour scheduled that does not end until around 5:30 or 6:00 pm. I had just assumed that would be sufficient time to check in before we sailed.

But now I am concerned about missing the Safety Drill. Does anyone know what time these are usually conducted? What is the absolute latest we can board the ship? I don't want to run afoul of regulations and not be able to board and miss our cruise!

It never crossed my mind with the sailing time so late that we should be already on board any earlier. What is your advice? Do I need to cut my tour time short?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

There is actually no legal requirement to attend the same mass safety drill as the other passengers. If Seabourn agree to let you board later than the stipulated time then they should also arrange a private safety drill for you.

You do need to touch base with Seabourn about your plans however, and it wouldn't hurt to send an e-mail to the ship a couple of days prior to sailing to reconfirm your intentions as regards boarding time.

There is actually no legal requirement to attend the same mass safety drill as the other passengers. If Seabourn agree to let you board later than the stipulated time then they should also arrange a private safety drill for you.

You do need to touch base with Seabourn about your plans however, and it wouldn't hurt to send an e-mail to the ship a couple of days prior to sailing to reconfirm your intentions as regards boarding time.

While there is no legal requirement to attend the mass safety drill, the line isn't legally obligated to take you should you miss that drill*.

*Seabourn did drop a couple from a cruise who refused to show up for the drill.

Yes, I would urge you to contact Seabourn Head Office about this - it may well be possible for you to have your own safety drill later, but they really do need to be consulted. They did indeed disembark one couple some time ago who had refused to attend. This did cause a big hoo-ha at the time, and is unlikely to be repeated, but please do ask.

While there is no legal requirement to attend the mass safety drill, the line isn't legally obligated to take you should you miss that drill*.

*Seabourn did drop a couple from a cruise who refused to show up for the drill.

Seabourn's regulations insist that you must attend the mass drill if you are on board. Obviously this is a mute point if you are not yet on board when that drill is held. A "no show" for somebody who is already on board is a completely different matter.

Due to various reasons we have twice joined a cruise en-route at a port other than it's formal departure port and it has never been a problem missing the mass safety drill at the departure port. Seabourn simply made private arrangements to meet the legal requirements.