Internet & Telephone for Gold Members

ronsex

I hope someone can explain this to me....

I will be a gold member in the new tier setup. I noted that RSSC's brochure indicates I will receive "Two hours of comp phone service" plus "Comp Internet access onboard."

I recently did the Mariner Sydney to Los Angeles voyage and had an absolutely wonderful time as did the entire group of friends I travelled with. I must have bought over 20 of the 100 miunute Internet packages during the 34 day trip. I have already booked the April 18th Mariner San Fran to San Fran voyage through Hawaii and back through Tahiti... as well as Voyager's November Rome to Ft Lauderdale trip. I've been told that the Internet will be upgraded on both ships prior to either of these sailings so I'm hopeful.

But I am most interested to know more about the complimentary phone and Internet offer.

Anyone of you good people know more?

Thanks,

Ron

As a fellow "gold member", my TA tells me that I will get included internet service, and up to two hours of phone time on the ship's phone in my suite to call home. This is one of the GOOD benefits from Radisson's change in policy toward past cruisers. For example, on the Pul Gauguin with its $15 per minute telephone charge, this equals a possible $1,800 benefit.

Thanks,

Richard

It has now been a few days since I posted my original message...

It appears nobody really knows what the deal is on comp phone and Internet. I have to say that I find it hard to believe that they will provide 120 minutes of free phone access to anywhere when they've been charging $15 per minute.

Oh well... as usual, I'll just have to wait until I'm on the ship to find out. Calls directly to Radisson gained no additional information. They really know little about what happens on the ship... they can't answer any of these questions.

Thanks anyway,

Ron

Ron, have you not received a mailing about this? At any rate, all you need to do is access the website to find out your benefits. http://www.rssc.com/rss/promotions/Tier.pdf

While you say it "appears that nobody really knows"....fact is it has been not only mailed to us, but posted on the site as well. Yes, you get your 120 minutes of free phone. Like that??

I'm still trying to figure out why I would want free telephone time. Unless there is a real emergency, the best part about cruising is that people know they can't reach me. Every day without telephone is sheer bliss. I understand that for those on the world cruise or other lengthy cruises, free telephone would be a real benefit. But for shorter cruises? Why?

I do miss internet access, but the fees have been a good motivator to stay off the computer! When we had free WiFi on the Diamond, I found myself on the internet far too long. Again, this is something people are obviously willing to pay for. So why give it away? Put another way, there are real parallels with the all-inclusive liquor debate. Why wipe out a revenue source?

I hope there will be some time limit for the free internet users so that those that need to access a computer can do so. Will the now free internet perk limit the access to computers for all pax due to a newly created beast... "online surfing hogs." The free internet and phone service are both not bad perks to have but IMHO, I really do think that those that have sailed a certain amount of days should be getting a free cruise.........like some other programs offer......otherwise why stay loyal after logging so many days........where is the incentive?

Pat

Archived