138 East - Need you help !

Looking for a hotel in Boston - for Grandma and Grandpa and 2 teenage boys -want to be close to a "T" stop and/or Trolley stop -

Maybe someplace that offers adjoining/connecting rooms ? - Or maybe something with 2 bedrooms/2 baths ?

Dates are April 4 - 9, 2015 - Budget is (hopefully) about $500-$550 per night

Can you help ?

Is sharing a room with two queen beds a possibility? The Westin offers rooms with two queens. One advantage to the Westin in Copley place is that you have inside access to Copley Place and the Prudential Center in case of bad weather. It has convenient access to the "T" and the hop on hop off trolley stops there.

Is sharing a room with two queen beds a possibility? The Westin offers rooms with two queens. One advantage to the Westin in Copley place is that you have inside access to Copley Place and the Prudential Center in case of bad weather. It has convenient access to the "T" and the hop on hop off trolley stops there.

Hmmm.... Let me look into that - yes - great location - and isn't there a Food Court in the Prudential Center (for teenage boys to eat ?) I guess that would work - problem may be the need for 4 people having to share the one bathroom

Thanks - let me know if you think of anything else !!

Edited by I'll cruise anywhere

The problem is that realistically it is going to be hard to find two rooms within your budget. Even a one bedroom suite would have only one bathroom.

We just did a weekend in Jersey City with my husband and I, our two adult children, and an infant. We managed to get an oversized room with two queens and a sofa bed with plenty of room for a crib. It worked out just fine - I had all happy campers.

The problem is that realistically it is going to be hard to find two rooms within your budget. Even a one bedroom suite would have only one bathroom.

We just did a weekend in Jersey City with my husband and I, our two adult children, and an infant. We managed to get an oversized room with two queens and a sofa bed with plenty of room for a crib. It worked out just fine - I had all happy campers.

FYI - Found the "enVision Hotel" - which has a 2 bed - 2 bath King suite

(King bed in each - so the boys have to "share" - but that's OK - at least there is plenty of room for everyone - everyone is "together" - and there are 2 bathrooms !)

Cost of only $359 per night - a little farther away - but right near a Green Line stop - has good reviews on Trip Adviser....

That hotel is in Jamaica Plain/Mission Hill at least 20 minutes from downtown on the green line trolley.

Let's get some more opinions from others about the four of you staying in that area of the city. You probably would end up standing for a good portion of every trip in and out of downtown.

Quite frankly, I know neighborhoods change, but Jamaica Plain and Mission Hill set off red flags for me.

Edited by 138east

Did you look closely at this property which is in Beacon hill close to the Red Line and within walking distance of many sights? It is a bed and breakfast hotel, but I know they have different room layouts like rooms with two twins. You could afford two rooms and you would be right in the middle of everything rather than at the end of the Green Line E trolley out in Jamaica Plain.You have to call this property directly to get the options for your dates. http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60745-d113623-Reviews-John_Jeffries_House-Boston_Massachusetts.html

Also have you looked closely at Embassy Suites at Logan Airport for your dates? Two rooms are within your budget. Hotel offers free breakfast, cocktail time, snacks, shuttle to the Blue Line (which is also walkable), AARP, AAA and senior rates, King beds, etc. They offer many packages. The only thing that might not be included is internet. Many cruisers have stayed here and been happy.

It would be a 1-2 stop ride on the Blue Line to Aquarium, which is at the east end of Faneuil Hall with access to the Waterfront, the North End, the Freedom Trail, and the Hoho trolley. It would even be possible to go back to the hotel, take a break, and then return to have dinner at one of the zillions of places at Quincy Market/Faneuil Hall.

That hotel is in Jamaica Plain/Mission Hill at least 20 minutes from downtown on the green line trolley.

Let's get some more opinions from others about the four of you staying in that area of the city. You probably would end up standing for a good portion of every trip in and out of downtown.

Quite frankly, I know neighborhoods change, but Jamaica Plain and Mission Hill set off red flags for me.

Even though it is only for a few blocks the trolley is pick up and drop off from the street in that area. What that means is you wait on the sidewalk. When the trolley arrives you have to cross a lane of traffic and then go into the trolley. It eventually gets off of the street onto it's own pathway but traffic could be such a bother.

Also a side note, there really isn't any high crimes in that part of Mission Hill but you do get drunks floating over to that side for some strange reason. They don't cause trouble but are always asking for money and such.

Time from hotel to Copley Station 15-25 minutes depending on your wait at the hotel.

Thank you, thank you, thank you to all !!

OK - Am now looking at The Revere Hotel (recommend by someone on the Boston Forum on Trip Advisor)

Looks like we can get two connecting rooms (each with 2 beds) within our budget.

Hotel is supposed to be near a Green Line stop - across from Boston Common and near an indoor food court (?)

Can anyone comment on that hotel/location/etc. ?

Thank you' date=' thank you, thank you to all !!

OK - Am now looking at [i']The Revere Hotel [/i](recommend by someone on the Boston Forum on Trip Advisor)

Looks like we can get two connecting rooms (each with 2 beds) within our budget.

Hotel is supposed to be near a Green Line stop - across from Boston Common and near an indoor food court (?)

Can anyone comment on that hotel/location/etc. ?

The location is right downtown on the west side of the Theater District. The hotel is about 4 blocks from two green line trolley stations, 5 blocks from the Orange Line, and two blocks from the Boston Common. This is exactly the kind of location you should be looking for instead of a hotel in Mission Hill.

The food court would be http://www.wilderco.com/retail-property-details.php?propertyName=City+Place

I've stayed at the Revere. A fine choice.

I also find myself working in the area from time to time. The food court across the street has a Dunkin, Panera, Starbucks, 7-11, D'Angelos, a pizza place, and a burrito place. There's also a Rock City Brewery and an Indian place, plus a PF Changs.

Thanks for the detailed feedback. My husband works in that area, but doesn't get out much unless he stays over at the Park Plaza, Doubletree, or Courtyard when it snows (and he doesn't get out then either).

I think the OP will be very happy in this location. Even though they have an ample budget, they have very specific room requirements which are difficult to satisfy. I'm glad they found a centrally located hotel that meets their needs within budget.

• 2 months later...

Hi Stan,

I'm actually sailing on the Quantum on Friday. Can't wait.

What kinds if activities do you want to do? Bernard's tour on St. Martin offers a big circle tour around the island - stop at Orient Beach for swimming, lunch opportunity at Seraphina's in Marigot, and a stop at Maho beach where the planes land. There are similar tours on St. Thomas.