Car rental in honolulu

cruisersheelk

We are coming to Honolulu on the Grand Princess in December. Does anyone know if there are car rental companies that will either pick you up or bring a car to the cruise terminal which is at Aloha Tower Pier 10/11?

In the alternative, are there car rental offices close to the Aloha Tower Pier -- or do I have to go to the airport to rent and then return the car.

Appreciate your help. Please respond also to komishe@yahoo.com.

Sheila

A little reading on the board would reveal lots of info. Most commonly you will have to shuttle to the airport to pick up your car. Recently heard that Hertz has a very briefly opening (like one hour in morning, one hour in afternoon) office at the Aloha Tower to help people with cars. But I am sure you will still have to shuttle to airport. Probably faster to reserve in advance and cut out the step at the dock.

We are using Discount Hawaii Car Rental next week and when I was on their website you could click on something for cruise ship passengers. We have used them before and were happy with the prices and customer service. Cherie

• 2 weeks later...

This web site is where we reserved our cars for the time we spent in Hawaii earlier this year:

http://discounthawaiicarrental.com/

At the top of the page is a link for pick-up at the port. Few of the rental places are actually AT the airport. I highly recommend the site and used it again for next year's trip. If you squeeze your pennies, as I do, check the site often for drops in price. ENJOY your visit!!!