Brilliance of the Seas Cabin 1054 (Family Suite)

mnd2006

I am wondering if anyone has any recent pictures or information on this cabin. My family is booked in this cabin for a cruise coming up this spring and I haven't been successful in finding any specific concrete information about it.

I've done several internet and Cruise Critic board searches on it.

Most of the information I find is from Radiance or Serenade saying it is likely similar to the Brilliance Cabin. I have seen a couple posts from 2014 or 2015 of people saying they were booked on it coming up asking for information, but no updates on how they liked it after they returned.

There are 5 of us in the room and we've been trying to think about sleeping arrangements. Are there pull down beds in the 2nd bedroom? If using the pull out couch can someone walk around in the living room around it to get to the window/balcony? My mother is also concerned about the size of the balcony as she is an early riser and looking forward to coffee in the mornings out there. Seeing pictures also helps me get excited about the trip!

Thanks so much!!

(sorry for the novel)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

We are booked for this suite and just wanted to request your feedback. Were you pleased with the family suite, the suite amenities/concierge and does it have a decent size balcony and/or lots of windows? I see that there are differences in this particular cabin between the Radiance class ships.

Thanks in advance!!

• 2 months later...

:)Hi, we were in the family suite cabin 1054 on the Brilliance of the Seas this past November ... it was just 2 of us and we originally had another cabin (a grand suite aft cabin) but RC "upgraded" us to the family suite. We got a chance to talk to veteran cruisers in the Concierge Lounge and they also said it wasn't a true upgrade. We should have stayed with the Grand Suite. I was a bit disappointed, especially with the balcony and the noise from the elevators. (We heard noise all night long from the elevator since the wall in the main bedroom is right by one of the elevators.)

Not sure how many are cruising in this cabin but for 2 people, there was plenty of room and plenty of storage.

Cabin attendant (Janelle) was wonderful, hard working and extremely friendly! She was one of the best features of the cruise!

The "living room" furnishings were a little worn, stained and tired looking. But the beds were extremely comfortable and the cabin was very clean. I was very disappointed in the size of the balcony ... we originally had a corner aft cabin and this balcony was very small and not very private.

This cabin is adequate and there is plenty of storage but please be careful if RC "upgrades" you from a grand suite. Also, we are early risers and usually crashing by 10 pm ... this suite is right by the elevators and you will hear the elevator all night long!!!

My advice ... don't take the upgrade if they offer it from the Grand Suite. IF you have a family (4 people), this cabin will work with the 2 bathrooms but just be aware of the noise if you are light sleepers.

Hope this helps!!

IMG_2630.jpg.a06a81436155b3593b9d98fa91dd93fb.jpg

IMG_2631.jpg.1b5668b5f7889cbb4dc28286438428cc.jpg

IMG_2632.jpg.11437b7abf52aca863b3a75c485ea4ae.jpg

IMG_2633.jpg.1e09bdad707481877ec61fb7d51795be.jpg

IMG_2635.jpg.25cb33121a86ea75b84c3b20a99a0614.jpg

IMG_2636.jpg.983fd6f6323d53fac5040abad8054656.jpg

IMG_2637.jpg.3abe56b3103194189616ffed924119e2.jpg

I was just on Brilliance in the room next to yours - 1052. I can't help with inside the cabin but can comment on the balcony which was small, in my opinion. We had a table with 3 chairs plus a lounger. 1054 only had room for the table and 2 chairs. The balcony curved outward in the middle making it kind of awkwardly shaped.

I'm sure the cabin inside will be wonderful.

Thank you for the information. The photos are wonderful! We were concerned because we just got off another of the RCCL ships where we had a Grand Suite Guaranty and they gave us the FS 8414. It was much less than we expected. The bathrooms were both very small and it was tight for us (as we often need assistance moving about & in & out of showers/baths... & around the beds.). The balcony was lovely, but had no privacy. The living room was nice and the Stateroom attendant was awesome! Now to see if it can be changed or we live with it for the five nights. Hmmm

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sorry I didn't have photos of the bathrooms ... but they are not very roomy at all. Very cramped. And like you said, not much privacy with that balcony.

If you can get the grand suite, I think you may prefer it over the family suite. And it was a bit noisy hearing the elevator all night long. I wish RC would notify us when they decide to change it ... I found out just 3 weeks before when I logged into my account. My travel agent didn't even know they had changed the cabin I had reserved a year before. I was not too thrilled at all.

That being said, I loved the cruise and all the people we met along the way! Just wish I could have slept a little better!:):)

• 3 weeks later...

Don’t know if this will help but I and a buddy were on the Brilliance a few months back. We were in a family suite. (it did not have a balcony). The room was good sized for 2 adults. The way is worked out for us is we switched rooms mid-cruise so one would have the smaller room part cruise and the larger room the second half of the 14 day cruise. This is what I remember…the living room had a sofa that converted into a bed and two chairs. The flat screen was on a swivel that could face the living room or the larger bedroom. The larger bedroom was similar to most cabins with vanity mirror and a mini closet. The smaller bedroom had a twin bed with one twin in the ceiling that could be pulled down and a ladder (stored out of the way) for use when the ceiling bed was pulled down). The bathroom was the usual size.

I would guess that 5 to 6 people could make it work the only problem would be bathroom usage and maybe moving around during times of getting ready to go somewhere…but that depends on how your brood work together 

• 1 month later...

We are cruising in this cabin next month with 4 adults and a toddler. Royal Caribbean said they were putting a highchair and playpen in the cabin but after reading these reviews I am concerned that it will be too cramped for those items. Any advice?

• 2 weeks later...
We have booked this suite on JW in 6th may, will we got a gold seapass?

Yes and all the Suite Perks that come with it.

Concierge Lounge nightly from 5-8:30 and Breakfast in Chops each morning. Hours will vary depending on if you at sea or in port.