Help with two questions about dining on Jewel

jeast

First of all, does Izumi on the Jewel offer Hibachi, and if so, how do I book that specifically on the cruise planner?

Also, we received a $75 dining credit from Costco for each of our two staterooms, but we have to PAY when we schedule dining slots at the specialty restaurants when booking on the cruise planner. Since the dining credit won't be applied until we are onboard, that $150 would be useless because we will already have paid for the specialty experience at time of booking the restaurant. If we wait until we are on the ship, will there be additional slots opened up? There is very little left available online as it is right now. Feeling frustrated that our credits won't help us much.

Don't assume what's showing online is all they will have available once onboard...same with excursions....Just make your reservation when you board the ship...no worries or stressing about this is necessary. Enjoy

I had the exact same thing on Jewel with "dining credits" from Costco. I asked at the service counter on the ship and they told me that the dining credits were actually just additional on-board credit and can be spent on anything, there is nothing that forces you to spend it on dining. I can confirm from looking at my folio receipt that it appears as any other OBC. You can spend it anywhere on the ship.

While Izumi on Jewel does not have hibachi, they do have "hot rocks" where you can cook your own seafood, meat, and vegetables at the table.

I had the exact same thing on Jewel with "dining credits" from Costco. I asked at the service counter on the ship and they told me that the dining credits were actually just additional on-board credit and can be spent on anything, there is nothing that forces you to spend it on dining. I can confirm from looking at my folio receipt that it appears as any other OBC. You can spend it anywhere on the ship.

While Izumi on Jewel does not have hibachi, they do have "hot rocks" where you can cook your own seafood, meat, and vegetables at the table.

That's really good news! I didn't want to waste the credit. And while the kids don't enjoy sushi, I bet they would LOVE the hot rocks. Thanks!