Proposal on the Fantasy.

LoganH2010

Does someone have a person I can contact about setting up a proposal on the fantasy? I want to get an idea of getting everything setup. I may have to ditch the idea as I had to get a ring ordered as her finger was too small for the one she loved in store. But mainly I just want to do it on the back deck or top deck at night (sunset maybe). I also wanted to talk to carnival about getting someone to take pictures that I could later purchase. So any information would be amazing! We sail in 31 days and the ring WILL be in, in time. I just also know that if something isn't correct with the ring, it will have to be pushed back. Thank you on advance for any help!!!

I tried to reach out to John Heald through facebook myself a couple of years ago. I didn't have much luck that time, but you may have better luck. I ended up signing up with the dream photographer for a photo shoot. Told the fiance that I didn't want to do formal pictures in front of the back drop because they feel cheesy. :) Told her we were going to do photos with the photographer around the ship. She had no idea. He set it up so that we were at the rail at sunset.

Now the picture package ends up being really pricey if you buy the whole thing. Like $1800 if I recall. I believe we bought 20 8x10s for like $600. He captured the moment in pictures and even recorded some video. However since the ship was moving there was wind and you couldn't hear much. We got some great pictures though. This is a crappy scan, but the image is awesome. Proposal.jpg

I tried to reach out to John Heald through facebook myself a couple of years ago. I didn't have much luck that time, but you may have better luck. I ended up signing up with the dream photographer for a photo shoot. Told the fiance that I didn't want to do formal pictures in front of the back drop because they feel cheesy. :) Told her we were going to do photos with the photographer around the ship. She had no idea. He set it up so that we were at the rail at sunset.

Now the picture package ends up being really pricey if you buy the whole thing. Like $1800 if I recall. I believe we bought 20 8x10s for like $600. He captured the moment in pictures and even recorded some video. However since the ship was moving there was wind and you couldn't hear much. We got some great pictures though. This is a crappy scan, but the image is awesome. Proposal.jpg

1800, oh my. I am thinking about doing it pretty low key. Possibly just somewhere at night where it's just her and I. I mentioned something to her and she said she isn't as worried about pictures when I ask as just getting some done later. We shall see what happens.

By the way, that's an awesome idea and a great picture to capture the moment. Congrats!

Thanks. Yeah, there was no way I was going to spend more on the pictures than I did on the vacation. I think $600 for the 20 we did keep was pretty extreme, but they were amazing pictures. This is one of my favorites we took that wasn't the actual proposal. KSCN0040.jpg

Thanks. Yeah, there was no way I was going to spend more on the pictures than I did on the vacation. I think $600 for the 20 we did keep was pretty extreme, but they were amazing pictures. This is one of my favorites we took that wasn't the actual proposal. KSCN0040.jpg

Yea, I know a professional photographer. He is going to take our engagement photos when we get back. So I have a hard time paying them even 600 when I can get a photographer that has been published in big magazines for next to nothing. Of course our friendship gets me a cheap price, but even he would probably charge about that for ALL of the photos.

Are you on the roll call? Maybe you could talk someone on the cruise to take some pictures for you. I know I would if I was on your sailing.

I'm not but I should look into it. I'm still not sure if I want to do it in private, but some pictures shortly after would be awesome!

1800, oh my. I am thinking about doing it pretty low key. Possibly just somewhere at night where it's just her and I. I mentioned something to her and she said she isn't as worried about pictures when I ask as just getting some done later. We shall see what happens.

Might be cheaper to pay for someone else to take a cruise with you - use your camera with your sd card and print your own pictures ... OR find a big ol softy on the boat and get one of them to video and one to snap a bunch of pictures on the boat ... I know I for one would be willing to do that for someone if they were proposing.

If you are ok waiting till you board, write out a very nice note to the cruise director and take it to the guest services desk asking them to get it to the CD. They are great at helping special moments like this happen. They might be able to get you a photographer that is not doing the whole package, just takes a few pictures. Just put what ever you would like to ask for help with on the note.

They might also be able to direct you to some places that would work well for you, or offer you a congratulations bottle of campaign or chocolate covered strawberries.

Their job is to make the guest happy. They might be the face for the whole ship, but from my experience if you ask them to help with small memorable things they will go out of their way to make sure it goes off well.

Hope that helps.

Does anyone know who I can contact? I spoke with the jewelry store today and they expect the ring to be in before the cruise.

My son in law did this. He spoke to the Cruise director when we boarded. They met a couple of times to go over some ideas. He ended up proposing to her in the piano bar, it was closed at the time, we told her we wanted to go check it out. The piano player was there and he played their favorite song as she walked in. It was Fly me to the Moon. He proposed after he was finished playing and they brought out a cake that said will you marry me. They also had a photographer come in and gave them complimentary pictures. It was very nice.

My son in law did this. He spoke to the Cruise director when we boarded. They met a couple of times to go over some ideas. He ended up proposing to her in the piano bar, it was closed at the time, we told her we wanted to go check it out. The piano player was there and he played their favorite song as she walked in. It was Fly me to the Moon. He proposed after he was finished playing and they brought out a cake that said will you marry me. They also had a photographer come in and gave them complimentary pictures. It was very nice.

Oh and I forgot to add that the piano player did not know the song and had to learn it so they delayed the proposal a couple of days! They went over and beyond what we expected.

I may have to ditch the idea as I had to get a ring ordered as her finger was too small for the one she loved in store.

What kind of store are you buying from? I have tiny fingers and my jeweller can have any ring resized in about an hour... two if it's an antique and needs special attention.

What kind of store are you buying from? I have tiny fingers and my jeweller can have any ring resized in about an hour... two if it's an antique and needs special attention.

Well she likes the diamonds on the band, so that changes sizing! But I got an email today saying it should be in store by the 26th of this month and I believe I am picking it up on may 2nd. So I will be (hopefully) engaged on the cruise! She knows it's coming, knows I asked her parents for permission, and all of that. But she thinks the ring will be in mid summer! So hoping to catch her a little off guard the first night!

Well she likes the diamonds on the band, so that changes sizing!

Ah yes, the gorgeous and impractical eternity band. I'll bet it's lovely!

I had one, but lost weight and ended up having the diamonds reset into a cocktail ring because it couldn't be resized :(

I don't have any info to add (sorry!) but I hope everything goes well for you and you guys have a great time and a wonderful proposal!

Thank you! She knows it's coming and is already planning wedding ideas lol. So hopefully it goes well and I can get some pictures after the fact to put up on here! I appreciate all of the help so far from everyone and if anyone has any ideas throw them up!

Check out your roll call and see if anyone there would help you out. Even if all they do is show up and take some pictures. I'm sure someone will volunteer.

Consider ordering a bottle of champagne to the room for that evening, along with flowers too.

Bring along some of the electric tea lights and ask the room steward if he would mind setting them out that night during his turn down. That way when you get back to the room it'll be candle lit and a bottle waiting to celebrate.

Have a great cruise!

Wow, now I feel like I got screwed financially. I did try to contact the CD several times while on the ship and was never able to get a call back or a message back. That is why I eventually took matters into my own hands and contacted the photographer. Very cool that they were able to do that for your kids

Check out your roll call and see if anyone there would help you out. Even if all they do is show up and take some pictures. I'm sure someone will volunteer.

Consider ordering a bottle of champagne to the room for that evening, along with flowers too.

Bring along some of the electric tea lights and ask the room steward if he would mind setting them out that night during his turn down. That way when you get back to the room it'll be candle lit and a bottle waiting to celebrate.

Have a great cruise!

I've posted on the roll call and still no reply! Maybe I'll get one or two before the cruise, at least I hope!!!