MSC vs Royal Carribean British isles coastal cruise

Icung

Hello, Im a newbie to this forum.

I found myself love cruising not too long ago.

Sailed to Alaska and Mexican Riviera, those were memorable vacations :)

Now I'm going to do European cruise and it come down to MSC Splendida and Royal Carribean explorer of the sea

MSC destinations:

Genoa, Marseille, Valencia, Gibraltar, Cadiz, Lisbon, Ferrol, Southampton, Le Havre, Hamburg

Royal Carribean destinations:

Southampton, Funchal, Tenerife/Canary Islands, Las Palmas, Lanzarote, Vigo, Southampton

THe first three week I will be visiting many EU cities that totally different than the port of calls above.

Looking at the port of calls and cruise lines, What do you guys think? which cruise is better for me to take?

I heard MSC not getting a very good review, but how bad it is?

Thank you!

It depends on your interests....the MSC covers many important, interesting ports, and even ends in a different one to the starter port; The RCI is a tour of Atlantic islands with just one mainland stop in Vigo.....there will probably be more sea days, as it takes 2 or 3 days to reach Madeira, and it's a good distance back to S'ton from the Canaries.

MSC isn't always popular with people who are only used to the US style of cruising....once you're on board you're in a foreign country with customs and food which don't always appeal to the less travelled. I know some who dislike it, and others who adore it.

RCI from S'ton will have UK/Irish passengers as the majority, and some of the entertainment will be slanted that way.

Really would depend on what you are after in itinerary and ship as both cruises are decidedly different as are the ships and cruise lines

I personally go royal as they have a good mix of service , food , ship facilities to price

Sent from my iPhone using Forums