Hotel ?

Eagle4413

Hi, We are looking for a reasonable hotel in Sydney and saw That the Swissotell has good ratings. Does anyone know how close it is to the cruise terminal ? Also if you have stayed there could you tell me how it was. Any and all help is greatly appreciated. :D

Hi Koots, I see that Expedia has the best rate for the days that we will be staying. My wife wants me to book it now but I am waiting to hear more responses.:D

Yep. I saw that also. I ended up booking it online at the hotel's website. I can always cancel if need be. It looks like the best bang for the buck in that area.

Hi, We are looking for a reasonable hotel in Sydney and saw That the Swissotell has good ratings. Does anyone know how close it is to the cruise terminal ? Also if you have stayed there could you tell me how it was. Any and all help is greatly appreciated. :D

The Swissotel is right in the heart of Sydney CBD. This is an ideal spot for checking out this wonderful city. You can definitely walk everywhere from this location. It is on bus routes and a very short walk to train stations. You could not chose a better location.

It is a reasonable walk from Circular Quay, where the Overseas Passenger Terminal (cruise ships) is locacted. Would take approx. 15-20 minutes to stroll there. However, with luggage I would suggest either a taxi which would be the best means of travel or you could walk a few minutes to the train station (Town Hall station) which is 2 stops to Circular Quay, where the cruise ships are docked.

I would book this location anytime, particularly if you are spending a few days sightseeing around Sydney before leaving on your cruise ship.

Hi CCC, I am not sure what CBD is, is it Center Business District ? We will be taking Royal Carribean and I am not sure which pier they use. We are definitely going to use this facility. Thanks for your input.

Hi Eagle4413. Yes, CBD means central business district..... i.e. right in the centre of the city. As advised by "MrsWaldo" above you will be departing from Circular Quay so taxi or train will get you there in a short time. Apparently there is an underground concourse from the Swissotel to Town Hall train station, which should make the train very accessible for you. Enjoy your cruise.

I just booked this hotel through Hotwire for 3 nights in November for just £300 ($445) including all taxes so very pleased. It is the 5* hotel in the CBD area with a tripadvisor rating of 4 with over 1,000 reviews.