Provence Connection Day Tours

billrco90278

Still traveling but did tour with provence connection Marseilles , aix

The driver was helpful with my mom, the vehicle for 8 was very small and not to be picky but if you are transporting customers you should clean the dash? He parked a good distance from the ship and it was a hike for my mom to start the day, we sat out from seeing the old part of Aix.

Driver was ok nothing like we had for villefranche though.

The scenery was spectacular and the weather perfect.

I will write a full review when I return.

Still traveling but did tour with provence connection Marseilles , aix

The driver was helpful with my mom, the vehicle for 8 was very small and not to be picky but if you are transporting customers you should clean the dash? He parked a good distance from the ship and it was a hike for my mom to start the day, we sat out from seeing the old part of Aix.

Driver was ok nothing like we had for villefranche though.

The scenery was spectacular and the weather perfect.

I will write a full review when I return.

Thanks plan09, will be interested in more details of your tours with PC, I have booked them for next May. My 80 year old mom will also be with us and I'd really like to hear how your mom handled the tours. I'm looking at The Aix tour out of Toulon plus 1.5 days from Cannes, going to St Paul de Vence, Eze, Monte Carlo, Nice, etc. The eight seater vans are usually three rows of three seats each, making for 9 with the driver, was your van any different?

I hope you are enjoying the rest of your cruise, thanks again for posting, appreciate it:)

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks plan09, will be interested in more details of your tours with PC, I have booked them for next May. My 80 year old mom will also be with us and I'd really like to hear how your mom handled the tours. I'm looking at The Aix tour out of Toulon plus 1.5 days from Cannes, going to St Paul de Vence, Eze, Monte Carlo, Nice, etc. The eight seater vans are usually three rows of three seats each, making for 9 with the driver, was your van any different?

I hope you are enjoying the rest of your cruise, thanks again for posting, appreciate it:)

Prish,

Yes, our van was as you described. It was a very small VW and mom and I were in the front semi on each others laps. Not their fault that we take up space but after doing other similar tours there were much more comfortable vans.

Frank did have a stepper for my mom and she managed but it is not the easiest thing to do when you are of a certain age. She opted not to see the old city of Aix and we stayed in the "newer" part. The pace of the walk after the walk to the vehicle was just too much.

Frank was informative but again ranked with some of the other tours it was not our favorite. The destinations were spectacular and I am sure you will have a great time.

We went to Eze on a separate day and didn't make the climb to see the village. You might want to google it to better understand how it sits on the top of the hill/mountain. We stayed and coffee and the perfume shop while the others walked up which was lovely too.

Send me an email if I can help. Enjoy the time with your mom, it is special.

Prish,

Yes, our van was as you described. It was a very small VW and mom and I were in the front semi on each others laps. Not their fault that we take up space but after doing other similar tours there were much more comfortable vans.

Frank did have a stepper for my mom and she managed but it is not the easiest thing to do when you are of a certain age. She opted not to see the old city of Aix and we stayed in the "newer" part. The pace of the walk after the walk to the vehicle was just too much.

Frank was informative but again ranked with some of the other tours it was not our favorite. The destinations were spectacular and I am sure you will have a great time.

We went to Eze on a separate day and didn't make the climb to see the village. You might want to google it to better understand how it sits on the top of the hill/mountain. We stayed and coffee and the perfume shop while the others walked up which was lovely too.

Send me an email if I can help. Enjoy the time with your mom, it is special.

Thanks for getting back plan09, really appreciate it. My mom doesn't have any specific mobility issues, she's just slowed down with age. Will ask PC to give us a better vehicle so that we're a little more comfortable. BTW, they contacted me after seeing my earlier post and it appears they have taken note of your comments, so hopefully our tour will go off better. Thanks again:)

• 1 month later...

We are just back our cross the pond sail. In Toulon we had taken the Aix and Marseille tour by Provence Connections Day tours. 100% better than last year's tour. Guide was funny, knowledgeable, stayed with us and provided many items not seen previously. Highly recommend them. On time also.

We are just back our cross the pond sail. In Toulon we had taken the Aix and Marseille tour by Provence Connections Day tours. 100% better than last year's tour. Guide was funny, knowledgeable, stayed with us and provided many items not seen previously. Highly recommend them. On time also.

Thanks for the thumbs up woody, we're doing the same tour with PC next May, also using them for Cannes. Did you go on the Calanques boat tour at Cassis, we're hoping to do it if the weather is good.

Thanks for the thumbs up woody, we're doing the same tour with PC next May, also using them for Cannes. Did you go on the Calanques boat tour at Cassis, we're hoping to do it if the weather is good.

The boat closes Nov 1. So we missed it both times. However, we saw them from the heights above Cassis. I would recommend the boat if you have time. Cassis is very small but picturesque. Food so-so. (Always a subjective subject).

The boat closes Nov 1. So we missed it both times. However, we saw them from the heights above Cassis. I would recommend the boat if you have time. Cassis is very small but picturesque. Food so-so. (Always a subjective subject).

Thanks woody14h, we'll be there mid May, so hopefully we'll get to do the Calanques boat tour. BTW, who was your guide? Thanks again:)

Thanks woody14h, we'll be there mid May, so hopefully we'll get to do the Calanques boat tour. BTW, who was your guide? Thanks again:)

Our guide's name was Frank. Walked with the entire way except for lunch in Marseille. Enjoy, weather should be great.