Australian P&O

cruiser02

A lot of Australians post on the regular Princess boards, you might have better luck with them - P&O Australia not marketed very heavily in US.

If I'm not mistaken, the Pacific Sun is the Carnival ship being tranferred there this year, to supplement the Pacific Sky (former Sky Princess) and the part-time Pacific Princess.

Michael

What exactly did you want to know..??

I haven't been on a P&O Australia cruise before but my sister, cousin and many friends have and they loved it but they have never been on any other cruise lines either so have nothing to compare it with. These ships are full of Aussies, some Kiwi's with a few other nationalities.... plus lots of kids.

Have you been to the P&O Aust website? Might be a good idea to check it out. There are some differences between what they offer and what other lines have, nothing major but for instance they charge for the pizza, New Zealand ice cream and Outback grill out on deck.

With this new ship they are going to be adding A$4.50 pp per day for tips to your shipboard account but you can take them off and just tip at your own discretion or not at all. I'm sure there will be plenty of Aussies at the purser's desk on the first day to do just that!

The ships are marketed as 'fun ships' so lots of families and young people go on these cruises, especially during holidays. You will find the dress code more casual compared to other lines as well. Be aware: In Australia 18 is the legal adult age and they can buy tickets for these cruises too just the same as an over 21 yo can.

Kim

• 2 weeks later...
I'm booked on the Pacific Sun on 6th Feb 2005. It will be my first cruise so I cant really tell you anything.

Hi did you no that the Pacific Sun was the old Carnival Jubilee!!actually the Jubilee was my first cruise!!I am really disappointed that they are selling it to P&O!(which they own)Well it might have its name changed....but to me it will always be the Carnival Jubilee!!

Stayed in Cabin #V-7!!

Cruiser02..They are not really that small!!We booked an ocean view on the Carnival Celebration Which is the same as the Jubilee or pacific sun!!:(...But we like the Veranda rooms!!As i said we stayed in room V-7 right next to the one yall are staying in!!Well tell us all about it!!

we ate in the frount dining room..which was the burgundy dining room!!i do not no what it is called now!

Archived