Jewel Runaway Bay or Paradise Cove. Help me decide.

Whitnee1

OK so I am between the Jewel Paradise Cove or Runaway Bay resorts to spend a day there through Resort For A Day. Can anyone provide particulars on each and of importance is how far from Falmouth? I would rather utilize my own transportation to maximize time there any cab info would also be great!!

OK so I am between the Jewel Paradise Cove or Runaway Bay resorts to spend a day there through Resort For A Day. Can anyone provide particulars on each and of importance is how far from Falmouth? I would rather utilize my own transportation to maximize time there any cab info would also be great!!

I recently did Runaway Bay from Ocho Rios and the transportation cost was included in the price from resort for a day. Do you want to pay twice for transport? It was about 35 minutes from Ocho Rios with two stops along the way. I've heard that it is maybe 15 minutes more from Falmouth?

Runaway Bay had a decent beach and pool, good food and beverage service - a towel was included also, so I didn't have to pack one from my cabin.

I know the transportation is included, however, they leave two hours prior to your ships departure time which is a huge waste of time if it is only 15 minutes from the dock.

You will not be 15 minutes from the Falmouth dock at Runaway Bay. You will be closer to 50 minutes, and the van may make other stops along the way.

But it's your choice, so enjoy!

• 4 weeks later...

I did book Jewel Bay, I have a couple days to change my mind but can't really come up with anything else to do that is also only going to give us a minimum amount of time.

We leave Falmouth at 9:15 and drive by 10am then leave the resort at 2pm to head back to ship, hopefully not sooner than that!

Here is the response I got back! The Allure is in port until 7 so I assume pick up is at 5?

What ship were you on that you left at 2?

Thank you for contacting Resort for a Day! I would be glad to assist you with this:

Includes Round-trip Transfers:

Deluxe motor coach transportation is included from the cruise ports of Ocho Rios or Falmouth Jamaica. The resort is a convenient 30 minute ride from the port of Ocho Rios and a 40 minute ride from the port of Falmouth. The shuttle departs 45 minutes after your cruise ship arrival time and picks you back up 2 hours prior to your cruise ship departure time. For ships arriving before 8:30am, the transfer will depart at 9:15am.

• 2 months later...